On being so important....

buddy

Q just asked me if he was going to finally get to go to school for full days next week. I said yes, starting Monday. He said and then it will stay that way forever? I said, well you know we are having a meeting on Monday. We will decide on a plan that will help you to be successful. He said who is going to be there, I told him the players...I told him that there will be lots of people there to help him.

In all seriousness he said, So... Will the governor and president be there too?

(I said I think they already have meetings planned that day, lol)

T

TeDo

Love it!!!! And I can see his cute little face being all serious when he said it too (or did he do that "devilish" grin?)

buddy

No, TeDo...lol, he really wanted to know!

I think there is a saddish spin to it, he feels he is so awful at times that everyone in the world is upset with him... That is why I was trying really hard to let him know that the meeting was to help him succeed. His teacher tells him she is his cheer leader. His Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) told me today she just wanted to reach over and hug him....(but she knew he would probably yell at her and things were going better so...) I asked her to speak up more in the meetings, explaining that I think she is being under-utilized by the team (Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) and Occupational Therapist (OT) are the only ones there trained to do cognitive rehab for brain injury). She said she would make sure she comes in more. She was not even on the group email list until I made them add her. (I think not that I say that, the Occupational Therapist (OT) is not on it either--since we are requesting direct Occupational Therapist (OT) she should be)

Malika

I like to think of the governor and President being there to help your Q... Would be a good photo op for them too :)