Oppositional defiant disorder (looking for others with info/advice)

AMB

Hello,

I'm new here and am looking for a place to talk about Oppositional defiant disorder
I have a 16 year old son newly diagnosis'd with this.
I am searching for some others who may have some advice and/or guidence on this topic.

Thanx,
AMB

BusynMember

From all you've said about your son I think it's way beyond ODD, which rarely stands alone anyway. For one thing, he is doing drugs. He may have a mood disorder that he is self-medicating. This is common (my daughter did this). However, at his age...it's sad...but I don't think there is much you can do to help him unless he wants the help...(((Hugs)))

Fran

Former desparate mom
AMB, welcome. Sorry I didn't see this until now to welcome you to our little corner of the internet.
I'm sorry your son is giving you worries. Hopefully we can share our experiences good and bad so that you can learn what's out there. Most of us came here just trying to find direction.
Could you please give us a little more background? Have you or the school tried anything that worked or didn't?
What sort of behaviors are giving you concern?

We all have a great many different diagnosis and we all arrived at those answers via different ways. Tell us more and we will, at the very least, listen and share. You won't have to go through this alone.
Welcome again.