Perils of a gravel road

susiestar

Roll With It
If my attendance is spotty the next few days, forgive me. The phone line/internet line buried under our road is exposed and is not working continuously. so sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

these are the perils of a gravel road!!! Wanted you all not to worry.

We are OK, just the road isn't - heavy rains and the garbage trucks.

Susie

My mom grew up down one of those Oklahoma gravel roads, which is why she routinely adds "Lord willing and the creek don't rise" when announcing plans... Hope you can stay online without too many interruptions.

susiestar

Roll With It
HWGA- TOO TRUE - but funny. Lord willing and the creek don't rise. Every time we get a hard rain we get a creek running through our front yard! The idiot builder put a POND up higher than us on the next lot. It floods us, but is quite entertaining to watch. Hasn't killed my cherry tree, so I don't fuss too much, LOL!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh no!!

My only peril with a gravel road was losing my front 8 teeth when I was about 7 as I lost control of my bike on one. STEEP gravel road.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
My sister once split her car down the middle on a gravel road. And her scalp. Has a permanent part in her hair.

Ruined anyone else in the family being allowed to have a car before they were 18.:mad:

Hope the rain lets up. And the neighbors pond doesn't wind up in your yard.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm amazed - I had to raise a 'stink' to get garbage trucks to come to our house. And we have a paved road! Then when we got them - they came when they wanted - so I paid the bill in kind....when I wanted. (with notice as to why)

Df figured out the trick - he sets a bucket of ice with 3 beers in it on Friday night - and they make sure we are the last stop - every Friday and will take ANYTHING. One driver even came up and said "Thank ye kindly fo da beer, but could I have a coke or somethin' - I gotta drive." so now we leave cola.

We'll leave a light on for you Suz - and sand bags.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sorry you are dealing with the gravel road problems.

My brother once fell off a bike going down a hill into gravel-he was in lots of pain for a long time-some was embedded in his skin and had to be removed