Positive update on difficult child/long

everywoman

I haven't posted in a while about difficult child because of pcdaughter's departure, so I thought I would update you.

He has been working since the end of June--almost 8 weeks now. He is cooking in a restaurant on "restaurant row" about 20 miles away. It is a small upscale hamburger joint. He loves the job and the money he's making. He has not missed a single day of work and has even picked up extra shifts on his days off.

husband and I went there and ate tonight for the first time since he started. The waiter rang up the wrong ticket. difficult child called after we left and told us to swing back by on our way back to town and they would get it straight. When husband went in he and the guy joked about splitting the overpayment. He then told husband that Rocky, the waiter, had pushed him in the freezer and touched him inappropriately and bribed him with the overpayment not to tell.

He comes home at night and regals us with stories of his night. He is laughing and smiling most of the time. Apparently his twisted sense of humor and comedic impressions help him pass the time at work.

Last Saturday he woke up in a bad mood. He decided he "needed" a new car. Wouldn't let go of that thought. He left to go to work after saying he would just total the car!!! I said, well, walking 20 miles to work would not be a lot of fun. The next morning he apologized. He said, "My bipolar swings when things are stressful at work and Friday night had been really busy and I had to work four stations by myself because some guy called and quit right before the crowd started. I'm sorry and I know I have to just suppress the thoughts when they come like that!"

He has budgeted his money fairly well. He did make a few extra trips up to the beach to help a buddy move this week and was short the day before payday. He asked to borrow gas money, and the next day called to tell me he'd left my money on the table before leaving for work. That has never happened before.

He has not been in trouble with the law in a year and 1/2! No speeding ticket, no scrapes, no nothing.

Finally, when neighbor was over here the other night, difficult child offered to set up a fake myspace to catch the pedophile. Neighbor suggested he use pcdaughter's picture. difficult child said, no cause if he said something nasty to my little sister, I'd probably get in a lot of trouble! He has never, ever said anything protective about his sister. He has always been jealous and hateful toward her!

I hope that he is finally growing up!!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
He then told husband that Rocky, the waiter, had pushed him in the freezer and touched him inappropriately and bribed him with the overpayment not to tell.

Huh? How bizarre! Did he report this?

Sounds like a good overall update, EW. And it also sounds like he is developing some decent self-reflection on his actions. :bravo:

Suz

janebrain

It makes me so happy to hear the joy in your "voice." Glad difficult child is doing this well, I know how wonderful that feels! Thanks for the update,
Jane

everywoman

Abbey---just part of his twisted sense of humor. Rocky is probably 3-4 inches shorter and looks like a choir boy!!! difficult child told dad this in front of his manager and Rocky. He was joking.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I think you meant to address your reply to me, EW. :)

I'm so glad he was joking!

Suz

everywoman

sorry suz---I'm distracted waiting for the phone call from pcdaugther. My apologies. Of course it may be just that I'm getting old---lol

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow!!! What a fabulous update!!! :D:D

Woot! Woot! I'm so proud of difficult child! :D And he recognizes that stress shifts his moods! How awesome is that!! :D

I just love it when things start clicking for them!!! Keeping fingers crossed the maturity bug has bit him well.

((hugs))

Abbey

Spork Queen
Wow...sounIs like a really positive update. I think I'd hold off an a new car, but you can't change the mind of a late teen.

Congrats, and enjoy!!

Abbey