Question re: moving computer files

Sheila

My laptop had to have some work done on it, so the computer people backed up the computer prior to doing the work. One of the things I absolutely had to have backed up were my emails in Outlook Express.

All the files were restored, HOWEVER, my email files were not put back into Outlook Express and I can't open the email folders. When I click on like the "Inbox" file to try to move it, I get a pop up window that says "To start Metamail, open a Metamail file (.mmp) from within Windows Explorer." I don't have a clue what that means and haven't been able to find any "how to" info.

So, I guess my question is what does this mean? or how do I get my emails back into Outlook Express?

Sheila

Well, I'm going to take it to somebody, but it won't necessarily be back to the one that "fixed it." So aggravating!

Nonetheless, I discovered the problem because I need an email for an IEP meeting on Wednesday. It's one I sent to difficult child's principal a while back and it's in the files I can't get to.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Aw, man.

What a time for Travis to be at work. I'm sure he could tell you.

I'd be steaming mad, myself. Especially when you told them you had to have your files backed up.

Hugs