Quick update


New Member
Hello Warrior Family :D I haven't been around much because I've been busy with family sessions, doctors calls, nurses reports, etc but I wanted to update you all on my difficult child's progress. He was released on Thursday because his violent outburst stopped after they took him off of the Lithium/Abilify ;) I guess the real test will be when he goes back to school but he seems okay so far. He is now taking 6mg of Invega and 50 mg of Benadryl every evening. He seems to be sleeping much better at night and his temper is mild compared to what it was a few weeks ago. I am working with him on following directions (too bad there isn't a magic pill for that too, lol) so hopefully things will settle down a little so I can start working again. My income tax return could not have come at a better time, lol. They did psychological testing and we are waiting for the full report to come back. His psychiatrist/psychologist will get his results and explain them to me. Thanks again for all your help, I will check back in again soon. I have a lot of housework/homework to catch up on now that we are home. God bless!


Glad things are looking up for you. I hope to hear of some more positive news on your difficult child soon.

Welcome back. :)


New Member
Good to hear.

D did very well on the Lithium/Abilify combo for about a year. Just make sure you have those blood draws and watch the thyroid levels.

Glad everything is stable! Yippee.


New Member
Thanks guys :) Today was his first day back at school. His behavior was okay but he refused to do any work. He kept saying he was too tired to do it and that the work was too hard. I explained to him that this meant his bed time would have to be moved up a half an hour earlier and the work he didn't do at school would be brought home from now on (which means no "privileges" until the homework is done). He didn't seem to like that too much so hopefully tomorrow will be better. His temper does seem to be much better. I have made it clear to him that he is allowed to have 30 minutes of Wii time in the morning before school only after he is dressed and ready for school. This seems to be working out okay too. He got dressed this morning without any fuss and was ready to within 20 minutes of being awake. I'm not going to say that this new medicine is working because we all know how we get our hopes up and then things come crashing down but I am working on being more assertive and I think this hospital stay may have opened his eyes a little. He's still pretty defiant but I can see his defenses are starting to drop. He's not fighting back as much and he's not raging as much (thank God they took him off of the Abilify/Lithium). There's still so much to do and that's why I haven't been around much. I have to catch up with school and my house is a wreck but I did want to come in and check in to let you all know what is going on. Thanks again for all the encouragement and advice. Hugs to you all!!