replacement part for a charcoal grill??

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by peg2, May 31, 2010.

  1. peg2

    peg2 Member

    Has anybody bought the charocal grill cooking grid(metal thing to cook food on) by itself?
    I don't want to buy a whole new grill but don't know if any store sells just that piece. Gas grills seem to be the rage but I prefer charcoal!!

  2. Wiped Out

    Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

    I have but it was years ago (bought it at a store like Home Depot or Menards). I grill with a gas grill now for convenience but so prefer the charcoal grills!
  3. GoingNorth

    GoingNorth Crazy Cat Lady

    Years ago Weber sold replacement grids for its charcoal grills. I'm another one who prefers to cook over charcoal or wood. I know that husband, who was a chef for several years, refused to grill over gas. He just didn't like the way the food came out.

    Do a websearch on Weber Grill parts and see if you can find a grid that fits your size and shape grill.
  4. mstang67chic

    mstang67chic Going Green

    I don't know what size and shape your grill is but I did notice replacement grids at Walmart in the garden section.