Resources for non-family relationships with BPs

dashcat

I am looking for resources for a friend who was dating a man with BiPolar (BP). She is very conflicted (as he is - like many BPs are - quite charming ) and wants to be armed with as much information about the condition as she can find. She's found very little about dealing with the collateral damage of a relationship with a BiPolar (BP).

Any suggestions for books, websites, etc?

Dash

skeeter

How "close" are they in the relationship? My daughter in law is bipolar. Once it became apparent that my son and she were serious, my son was able to talk with her therapist to find out the best approaches to being with her during episodes, etc. He got so good at it he could recognize where she was "at" over the phone when he was deployed. This wasn't a violation of HIPPA laws - he was just learning how to deal with BiPolar (BP) in "general", but I'm sure the therapist tailored what she told him to fit what my daughter in law goes through.

dashcat

Skeet,
They were dating and he broke it off. They are both adults and have been married before. She is trying to process the whole thing and I am afraid he'll pull her back into the drama. That's why I am hoping to direct her to some straightfofward resources that will help her to understand that she's dodged a major bullet.

DammitJanet

Yeah that is what I am wondering because he could be both and that is a really difficult combo...trust me! Im not on my main desktop computer which has all my links but you may be able to find them on here if you do a search on here with my name and the key words of my name and the words of what you are searching for. Im not going to put them in this thread or this one will come up but you are looking for something like an olar and a line. With some links so just add those key words to the search and say 6 months or later not 6 months or sooner. It was a long time ago.

dashcat

I'm sorry, I meant Bipolar. He says he is ok on medications, but "forgot" them when they went away for a weekend. She said he's been off every since. Janet, I'll try and do a search. Lihona, good idea, but he is a widower!
Dash