Send good vibes, prayers, positive thoughts.....I'm not picky (update)

DazedandConfused

Son is in the school spelling bee tomorrow. It's the thing he shines at amongst so many challenges. For instance, he JUST a couple of months ago learned how to ride his two wheel bike.

He came in second last year and got to go to the school district spelling bee. He made it to the fourth round! I was so proud because it includes grades 4 thru 8 and he was one of the few fourth grade students. It gives him the greatly needed "status" in school. He's very small for his age (takes after my mother in law) and struggles with coordination and sports.

Anyway, he's studied a little bit, but not much. It's hard to get him to, YKWIM? He gets bored with it and doesn't like to feel pressure. So, I do try to stress the "just do your best" aspect.

So, pull for my little guy..

Please.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Oh, how dear. Yep, I'm pulling for your little guy, Dazed.

Fingers crossed!

Suz

DazedandConfused

Thanks guys!

I have to share what I JUST heard difficult child son tell husband.

"I want to make it to the District (spelling bee) because I get to ride in the Vice-principal's Mercedes (single, no kids=discretionary income LOL) and go to McDonalds for lunch"

Nothing about wanting to win, or be the best. Just riding in some fancy car (she takes them) and eating at a fastfood restaurant. Yep! That's my boy!

*Off to make sure the Video camera is charged*

dreamer

that is so cool!
LOL- my kids all in elem had a fundraiser and if they sold top in their class they woulda got to ride in a limo with principal to McDs for lunch, here. and wow, the kids all wanted that prize! It was such a hit, the prin began to do a weekly thing where she had a ottery of kids who had gotten an A or been caught being good, or had perfect attendance or whatever, and she would draw 4 names weekly and the winners got to go to McDs with her on Fridays. (minus the limo) The kids LOVED it!

Good luck at the spelling bee.

Janna

That is so cool, Dazed.

I'm sending the vibes, saying the prayers, rattling the beads - heck I'm breaking out a sweat! It sounds like you've got one smart little guy on your hands there. Good for you both :bravo:

Please do let us know how he does.

FWIW - Dylan would really love to ride in the fancy car and eat at McD's, too! LOL!

Janna

On_Call

Dazed,

Adding my good vibes to those already here! It's so great when there is a place where any child (but especially a difficult child) can really shine!

Crossing my fingers and everything else that your difficult child does really well.

Yes, both my munchkins would see going to the Golden Arches as a real prize, too. Hee hee.

DazedandConfused

Thank you all so very much for your well wishes and crossed body parts. Never underestimate the power of DB aunties.

Before I reveal how he did, I have to share about this kid. I mean, he’s definitely a difficult child and his actions, at times, bring me to the brink of insanity.

On the other hand, he has some really great qualities.

So, he’s on stage, and when it’s the other student’s turn, I kid you not, my son is sitting back in his chair, with his arms clasped behind his head just like he doesn’t have a care in the world. It was as if he was waiting for some to bring him a margarita! When I told husband about this he quipped to me, “Well, I did tell him to relax and have a good time”..LOL.

Well, he certainly took his advice. However, when it was his turn, he was sitting at attention. I, of course, was a nervous wreck, and could hardly hold the video camera.

Some of his words:
Scarce
Eclipse
Abrasive

And some others I can’t remember, let alone SPELL.

Oh yeah…..

HE WON!

Though, the girl who was runner-up definitely gave him a run for his money. She was good. They went back and forth, back and forth. Son is so thrilled to have won. He’s still wearing his metal as he plays outside.

At this point I’m just savoring the moment.

Next week is the district spelling bee. :princess:

Kathy813

Staff member
:bravo: :bravo:

Hooray for difficult child!!! That is absolutely terrific (did I spell that correctly? :grin:).

~Kathy