She left him!!

Copper finally had enough of her leprechaun boyfriend and she LEFT him!

She told me that she had been sugar coating things for too long. That while he never hit her, he was getting very verbally and emotionally abusive. I know that on the rare occasions that she was allowed to visit Tink and me, she spent half the time on the phone convincing him that she was not cheating on him. He had alienated her from all her friends and family. And she kept telling herself that it would get better.

Well she finally made an actual friend at her new job, and this friend told her point blank that she was better than putting up with his nonsense. In fact, leprechaun's own MOTHER asked her why she was still with him. Finally last night she had had enough, and she packed her stuff and went to stay with her new friend (who lives with her sister).

Copper came over for a visit today. It was absolutely lovely. No rushing to get back home, no million phone calls, I had my old Copper back.

I am SO proud of her, I am beaming.

:D

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Oh wow - way to go! My God, I know the relief you must feel. It's what I felt when my difficult child left Monkeyboy...only now she's back with him. I can't wait for the final break!

Way to go Copper!

witzend

Good for Copper! I hope that he will leave her be... For a minute there, I thought you were going to say that Ms. Fancy Pants left Cap'n Stinky.

everywoman

Yeah for Copper!!! I know that "knowing" things aren't right makes it hard to bite your tongue. But, you did great and she finally saw it for herself.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
WHEW! I'm so glad :) Keeping fingers crossed that he doesn't turn on the "I'm so sorry I promise I'll change" act... and that she doesn't buy it if he does!

trinityroyal

This is great, BBK.
Way to go, Copper. Fingers crossed that he won't come crawling back and that if he does, she won't fall for it.

Kudos to Copper's friend for the straight talk too!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
It's wonderful news, BBK. Like the others, I hope she doesn't get lonely and "forget" what caused her to leave him.

Fingers crossed.

Suz