She Really "Can't" Ever Get It

TYLERFAN

I have come to the conclusion, finally, that difficult child can not ever comprehend anything that I or anyone else tries to explain to her. This is the root of her real-life learning disability: Reading Comprehension.
I have been doing all this yelling about why she doesn't get how she is supposed to act with in the terms of our legal agreement. When I ask difficult child to explain it back to me there is either silence or a total twisting of what I just told her:dont_know:. She has already told me that if she ends up screwing up this motherhood attempt, her Aunt will take this new baby:grrr:, She always has an "out"......

Bye the way Baby J is so Happy. He keeps getting sick from day care but he is enjoying it (DayCare). 2 1/2 years old is so much fun for both parents and child.

God's Blessings,
Melissa

P.S. Please Higher Power, Please make sure the best man for the job wins the election, whom ever that might be, and only you know.......Thank you

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry. This must be hard to watch, as her mother. You did all you could, and gave her all the help and tools you could. I hope she is a good mom to this baby, or that the aunt can help the baby.

So glad Baby J is doing well. He is much loved, that is very clear!

lovemysons

I hear you with the comprehension thing. I tell young difficult child a thing, he doesn't seem to hear me...I tell him again and again...then I'm just nagging. It's so frustrating.

I hope the new baby will be in good hands. I am so happy for you and Baby J...he is blessed to have you Melissa.

Hugs and love,
Tammy

Ephchap

I'm so sorry, Melissa, that difficult child just doesn't seem to get it and that motherhood hasn't changed anything in her thinking - always a out, as you say. So very sad.

Thankfully, J has you and I'm tickled to hear both you and he are doing so well !

Hugs,
Deb

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm sad to hear that difficult child doesn't get it and she is bringing another child into the world to learn this whole mom thing.
My difficult child doesn't seem to see the whole picture like his peers do. : (

Hugs. It's wonderful to know that "J" has had an opportunity to know stability and love from you. It's wonderful.

TYLERFAN

Great to see my old friends again.
Thanks Fran, Eph and everyone. I feel so at home here.
I am home today...."J" is sick again......threw up 2x right after dropping him at school, and 2 more times since I picked him up. I had to stay home from work, I am probably in trouble....I Love this job...:crying:.
Meanwhile I am here hoping "J's" immune system kicks in sometime soon.....:doctor:

Blessings,
Melissa:angel: