Should we let him move back in?

It sounds like he is not asking to move back home. Are you feeling guilty about it all? That's what they do. They want you to feel guilty and are manipulative. We did let our son live with us knowing he used drugs (it would have been different if he had younger siblings but he is an only child so we let him live here while he was going through all that), but the reason we eventually kicked him out was he stole from us. It is so very hard and so stressful. We had to lock our bedroom door. It is very helpful to be on this board and also very helpful to read about enabling and detaching. My son lives with us now. He is a totally different person and off all drugs but those days were so hard and many of us know what you are going through. It has been a real answer to prayer.

lovemyson1

Yes it is an old post. I was curious about when I first came to this site and looked for my first post. I was just reflecting on all we've been through over the years and feeling thankful my son is in a good place now. Thank you for your comments christianmom!