Sick of the sick.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
husband got sick on 7/13 and finally went back to work on Monday this week. He had a nasty flu bug and I was SOOOO CAREFUL while I was taking care of him! I washed my hands constantly! I was uber-conscientious about germs! True, I did sleep in the same bed with him, but I figured that if I hadn't caught after the first 7 days I wasn't going to.

Monday I started getting what felt like asthma symptoms -- my lungs actually felt itchy! Then it turned into a dry cough. So I took some antihistamine and a puff off difficult child 1's Advair. Felt a bit better that day. Repeated that treatment Tuesday, but didn't have quite as good a result and the cough was a bit worse. Yesterday had to drive difficult child 1 100 miles each way to camp and by the time I got home, I was exhausted and coughing my head off.

Now the cough's getting worse and I am wiped out (only took OTC cough syrup last night). No fever to speak of, though. I don't think this is allergies now.

When is this nonsense going to END?

Last edited:

KTMom91

When you find out, let me know. I'm on a second round of antibiotics for a bladder infection. Side effects of this antibiotic are nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. The nausea is passing, I didn't vomit, but side effect #3 has arrived with a vengeance. I'd almost rather have the bladder infection.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Sometimes, the side effects are worse than what they're treating.

Get better, the two of you! Rattling beads tonight for you both.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I hope you two start feeling better soon!

gvc I hope it's not the bug I caught last winter. That one was nasty, nasty, nasty.

(((hugs)))

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Ugh, Mary, you're not having much fun either. :(

My skin hurts. Coughing a lot so throat hurts. Head hurts. I feel like I'm moving under water. No fever still.

Yuck.

If it is the same thing husband had, it's definitely affecting me very differently.