so tired!

LOVESDOLPHINS

so for at least the last 2 years or maybe longer i have noticed that my son has to line things up like his food, toys, and clothes. but big time with the toys and if someone messes it up god help them. i have big time Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) issues with like locking and relocking the doors, making sure the burners on the stove are off, making sure the lights are all off if leaving the house. stuff like that. and i don't know if his Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) of lining things up is a learned behavior from me or is he really has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). when i was a little girl instead of cooking with my easybake oven i would organize it and all the stuff the came with it in my toy box and if something didn't fit just right i would give it to my mom and tell her something like i just don;t want it anymore or i don't like it. i always liked having things organized and neat. but as a parent now i have gotten a little bit better at not freeting to much about the small stuff. when i was a single parent my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) was at its worst and when i got married i learned to trust my husband to share the responsilbity of making sure the stove was off and the lights and checking the kids 2 - 3 times a night. it is still pretty bad but again are my kids lerning this behavior from me or not? something to keep in mind is that my kids all have the same mother but three different dads and my current husband is not the bio father to any. my husband is a great man and a pateint one. i applaude him for taking on this wonderful family. so sorry for the long vent. but am i teaching my kids these disorders or did they just inheaited all my problems. sometimes i feel like they got all the mental issues from me and everything else from their bio fathers.

BusynMember

The Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) lining up of objects is almost classic in autistic spectrum disorder. With his delays and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) behaviors, I'd see a neuropsychologist. He has a lot of red flags for autism. And if it's not that, a neuropsychologist will give him a completely thorough evaluation and give you a better idea of why he does what he does. But it really does sound a lot like Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). Good luck (I'm not a doctor, but I have an Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) kid). REAL, ACTUAL Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is when somebody is compelled to do something and hates the compulsion. Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) kids seem to enjoy doing things like turning on and off light switches, tossing balls up and down just to observe them, or lining up toys. With his speech delays and developmental delays, he should be completely evaluated, and therapists and Psychiatrists too often miss Autistic Spectrum Disorder because it's not a psychiatric problem. Took my son eleven years to get the right diagnosis.

LOVESDOLPHINS

The Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) lining up of objects is almost classic in autistic spectrum disorder. With his delays and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) behaviors, I'd see a neuropsychologist. He has a lot of red flags for autism. And if it's not that, a neuropsychologist will give him a completely thorough evaluation and give you a better idea of why he does what he does. But it really does sound a lot like Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). Good luck (I'm not a doctor, but I have an Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) kid). REAL, ACTUAL Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is when somebody is compelled to do something and hates the compulsion. Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) kids seem to enjoy doing things like turning on and off light switches, tossing balls up and down just to observe them, or lining up toys. With his speech delays and developmental delays, he should be completely evaluated, and therapists and Psychiatrists too often miss Autistic Spectrum Disorder because it's not a psychiatric problem. Took my son eleven years to get the right diagnosis.

THANKS MIDWEST MOM- WE HAVE HAD SEE A neuropsychologist AND THE TESTING ALL CAME BACK NORMAL LESS THE diagnosis BI POLOR WHICH WE ARE STILL TRYING TO RULE OUT.

BusynMember

I would get another opinion. I"m serious. This kid sounds more Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) than bipolar. But, of course, that's up to you. Good luck!

LOVESDOLPHINS

Did you have a private evaluation or a school evaluation? Asking only because our school was clueless...lol. :)

yes it was a private evaluation. the school didn't even know we had in neuro pysch in the state. i did however share the results with the school. i did the evaluation on recomeadtion from our pscyh and counsealer. sorry for the mispellings. today i started the process for a Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) evaluation at a speciality clinic called swan.