So, what does this say...?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
My sister in law gave us a bunch of old puzzles she and her son had as children.

I was putting them together to make sure all the pieces were there and noticed that the back of EVERY SINGLE PIECE of EVERY SINGLE PUZZLE had sister in law or nephew's initials written on it in mother in law's handwriting.

Now how flippin' paranoid do you have to be to be worried that someone stole your $1 puzzle's pieces...?

OMG.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Shari

That does sound odd. Unless, did they maybe get together with other people and do puzzles together?? Then you could say she initialed them to make sure the pieces weren't lost among the others.

Aw heck, if they only cost a buck even that seems odd..........Of course when I was a kid a buck was worth alot more than it is now.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
No, they didnt' get together and do them. mother in law is just like that. You will not meet a more possesive person.

I noticed tonight that the kid's name that owned the puzzle was written on the front of the box, along with the date it was purchase, and mother in law"s name beside "purchased by".

She's so full of herself. This is just so....HER.

witzend

I noticed tonight that the kid's name that owned the puzzle was written on the front of the box, along with the date it was purchase, and mother in law"s name beside "purchased by".

UGH! That made me throw up in my mouth a little...

Andy

Some MILs just don't have a life outside of trying to control their children's and grandchildren's.

My mother in law saw my kids almost every day - when they saw may parents the two - three times a year, mother in law would whine when we got back, "Oh, do they remember meeee? I hope they will remember who I am!" Pathetic.

By putting purchased by on the box, the kid is suppose to remember her and honor her for this awesome gift. (I know, you can take your finger out of your mouth, I felt the same way typing this but it is how my mother in law would operate).

KTMom91

O...M...G...what a nutcase. How much time do you have on your hands to initial every single puzzle piece in every single box?

There are SO many other things I would rather do than that.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Sounds like somebody has a case of really, really, really, really low self-esteem. Either that, or they are a narcissist...

Steely

Witz, throw up in my mouth a little I did............
And gvc.........Narcissist certainly comes to mind. As well as controlling, bored, boring...........sorry I digressed.
That is crazy-making behavior.
So sorry Shari.

Andy

BBK - That's it!! She is looking for her missing piece and marking those she checks so she knows they have been looked at already! She doesn't want the kids to loose their pieces so she marks them for them.

F

flutterbee

I still think she needs a hobby. She obviously has way too much time on her hands.

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
Shari - get the largest black sharpie pen you can find, and on your child's rear ends I would write

"Child number 1, produced by Shari!

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG - I think everyone above is right - BBK nailed it and Terry - well that's what I was thinnnin' this IS her hobby.

I think the next time I gave her a gift -

I would buy personalized m&m's on line - and have MY name put on them, then write GIVEN TO mother in law ON X?X?XX date by ME.

That way when you said "eat me" - or "Bite me" she could.