so you think you can dance

Lothlorien

What happened to the thread about this?

Were you all blown away by Benji's sister, Lacey? I absoulutely love Mia's choreography. She wasn't on the show as much last year. I'm so glad she's back. I think she's awesome.

Results....I was a little surprised they sent Ricky home. I thought his solo was very good. I wasn't surprised they sent the girl home.

jbrain

Hi,
I pretty much agree with you, Lothlorien! I thought Lacey was awesome, I thought she "stole the show". I wasn't surprised they sent Ashley home either, her solo wasn't that great. I thought they would send Cedric (?) home, not Ricky, but that was a really hard decision.

I think all the dancers are so good, I would hate to have to make the decision of whom to send home. It's too bad they paired Ricky and Ashley together with their height difference and then to give them that tango right off the bat. I think the results might have been different had they danced something else. Oh well.... anyway, I am really enjoying the show and think the contestants are all giving it their all.

Jane

KFld

I haven't learned all there names yet, but I loved the first two who danced solo. I thought they were both great and I was glad they both stayed.

They have some really great talent this year. I think it's going to be an awesome season.

<span style="color: #993399"><span style='font-size: 11pt'>Great show! Kinda sad to see Ricky go so soon, but there are other male dancers I liked better than him anyways. Not remembering all the names yet, but sure enjoying the show!

Mia's choreography was amazing, I just love when she is on and when the dancers have hit it right, she just glows for them!

Nigel is being pretty good about being "nice" this season. We shall see if it lasts, LOL!!

Lacey is so good it's scary! Could it be a back to back "Schwimmer" win? Anyone else love seeing Benji again? Cracked me up with the yanking off the pants at the end. husband was looking at me like "WHAT THE HECK?" and I reminded him that it was Flag Day, so I was guessing he was representing? LOL!!!

Till next week,
Vickie</span></span>

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
"The siblings" are my 2 favorites so far........Benji's sister Lacey, and Travis' brother Danny.

I wish I'd taped the show. I'd like to have seen that really "jerky" dance again---the girl was the hip hop (?) dancer, I don't remember who the guy was. It was one of those dances I'd never think I would like ....but did! :bravo:

No surprise to me who was voted off last night. They looked so terrible together when they were dancing that it would have taken a small miracle to salvage the impression. Ashley was pretty but uninspired....and Ricky was a great solo dancer but I think I recall someone saying that he was kind of an odd person so maybe that didn't enamor him to the judges. Who know?

Doesn't matter at this point because my two favorites are still there. :rofl:

Suz

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #6600CC"> i was really sorry to see ricky go. it seemed like he held back during his solo & that is what did him in. i agreed with-that assessment actually. i would have preferred if cedric had gone tho.

lacey blew me away. actually i think she blew herself away lol. mia is their very best choreographer. her numbers make me cry! remember that number heidi did for her last season...i think her partner was travis for that one (the one on the park bench.

danny is another favorite of mine. he may even be better than travis.

suz i think i know which number you liked so much. sarah & i both thought it was fabulous. so unusual!!

kris
</span> </span> </span>

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Kris- that bench number from last season was almost as hot as Cheryl and Drew's Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy. Almost...but not quite :wink:....but, you're right- it was AMAZING :bravo:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure it was Heidi with Travis in that routine? I keep thinking it was that other really cute girl with long curly sandy-colored hair. Hmmm...now I'm confused. lol

Suz

jbrain

No, it was Heidi with Travis--I remember it well. I think the judges were surprised and pleased that Heidi could kind of tone down her exuberance and show a different kind of emotion.

I'm so excited the show is on again and we have lots of weeks to watch left!

Jane

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #333399"> i thought it was heidi because the contemporary work was so out of her style. by the time that number was presented i think all the other girls were contemporary. it was part of the big fuss over it.....and you know i hated that DWTS number & why so no, i don't see the comparison.

i don't think i've seen a number mia has choreographed that i haven't loved. wonder if she did work with-travis this past year like she promised to do. i was surprised not to see him in the audience supporting his brother. mom must be so proud to have trained two such outstanding dancers!!

kris
</span> </span> </span>

Lothlorien

Yes, it was Travis and Heidi and I loved that number. It was so emotional and I got teary eyed. Mia has a way of doing that. I don't think that other choreographers can bring the emotion out the way she does. She's incredible.

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #3333FF"> lol, i checked with-sarah last night ~~~ her memory chip for things dance is amazing. she confirms it was travis & heidi.

i'm always in awe of mia's choreography. i'm going to be searching youtube because i'm betting someone has put up that one & probably most of the numbers.

kris
</span> </span> </span>