Some more good thoughts please

F

flutterbee

The ambulance has been to my neighbor's house twice in the last week. Last week, they took him. Today, they did not.

This is my neighbor who plows my driveway and mows my grass just because he is that kind of person. He is diabetic, has lost his vision and part of his foot from the disease.

I don't know exactly what's been going on. I'm going to go over and check on him in a bit. But, I'm assuming it's due to his diabetes. He was just telling me a month ago that he hasn't had any trouble with it for the last year. And now this. :(

He's such a good soul. Please send up some healing thoughts.

TIA.

F

flutterbee

I'm really concerned. There are about 6 cars in his driveway now.

F

flutterbee

There's a police car there now, too. I think this is bad.

I don't want to intrude on anyone there, but all the cars there and the police car...I think this is bad news. :(

mom_to_3

Oh, how sad! If it is indeed what you're thinking.......... may he rest in peace. Have you heard or seen anything else?

klmno

Oh No, Heather...I hope it isn't the worst. I would have thought the ambulance would have taken him if it was- let us know when you can. I'm sending good thoughts to him and you...

F

flutterbee

Bob passed away peacefully in his sleep. :crying:

He was one of the best people I've ever known and I'm a better person for knowing him, although that time was too short.

klmno

I'm so sorry to hear that... I'm glad it was peaceful and painless and that you are seeing it as what you got to share with him instead of such a loss- even though it is a loss. I'm sorry, Heather...

F

flutterbee

You know, I didn't know him that well. I don't even know his last name. I know his name is Bob. I know he was a mechanic all his life until he lost his vision and part of his foot to diabetes. I know he was expecting his first grandchild. I know that a friend of his bought the house he lives in when Bob became disabled and rented it to him so that he would have a nice place to live. I know there was always someone over at his house - his son, friends. I know that he was in rehab a long time after he lost his vision and his foot and I know that his brother recently suffered a stroke.

But, what I really knew is that he was truly a good person. I know - without having evidence - that he touched the lives of many. He gave of himself without expecting anything in return. He was humble and genuine.

And I'm finding myself really grieving the loss of this man that I really didn't know.

You know, I hate when people say "It's not fair", because, well, life isn't fair and that's just the way it is. But, when it's really unfair it's a tragedy. When you think of all the mean spirited people out there - I'm not talking rapists and murderers - just the mean-spirited, selfish, greedy people out there carrying on with their lives and living well and then you see a truly good person suffer and pass at such an early age and without getting to meet his first grandchild...well, it just seems really wrong.