Spoars

seekinghope

Could someone with info. on SPOARS either email me or post about it.
Because my son is going to a Residential Treatment Center (RTC) they dropped the PINS. It did not make any sense for this to continue. However, they opened up a SPOARS.
It is suppose to open up a whole spectrum of services to him when he comes home that would otherwise not be available.
There was not much time for the caseworker to explain it as they were on their way to another case.

seekinghope

B

bran155

Oh my God, that is so strange you posted about SPOARS!!! I just mentioned that on this site about a week ago. We are trying to get those services for my daughter and I'm not quite sure what it entails. Wow!!! I am blown away by the sheer coincidence you and I are both looking for answers regarding SPOARS!!!

I actually have a meeting tomorrow with my sw regarding the application. Whatever info I get I'll pass it on to you. Please let me know what you find out as well.

Thanks. It is amazing how much we really connect through this wonderful website. God bless. :)

witzend

I have never heard of SPOARS before. Is this some sort of state funding? Maybe folks on the "Insurance and SSI Help" forum would have more information for you. You don't seem to be getting much advice here...

seekinghope

The PINS case worker had me sign a paper. That's all I had to do.
I did not even have an appointment. with him. He and the probation officer were in the area to see a client whoever that was, was a no show, so they stopped by my home. Perks of living rural.
It appears to me that since talking to my son's Dr. this became available due to a duel diagnosis.
Since my son is leaving to go to the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) so I have no immediate need of this but the PINS gentle men told me that this allows them to talk about my son to prearrange programs that will be made available to him when he comes home. He also had to close my son's PINS, which never got opened because too much time has past and he will be going away.
So I was wondering if anyone else's family have used these services and if they were any help.
Bran it sounds as if you may get some more info. soon, appreciate you passing it along!!!!
I was told it makes a lot more services available.
Maybe someone else will also come along to offer info.

seekinghope

nvts

I was doing a websearch on SPOARS and our conduct disorders site came up with Brans post! I read through and saw that she hadn't gotten an answer so I was still digging around!

It's a small world!