Spring weather

Californiablonde

So far our spring has been very unpredictable. We had a heat wave a few weeks ago then it dropped down to the mid 60's for awhile. Now the heat is back with a vengeance. We have been at 100 degrees for the past couple of days and it's supposed to continue through the weekend. We will finally get some relief next week when it will drop down into the low 70's. I can't wait. The heat is particularly bad where I live because our cheap @ss apartments don't have air conditioning.

This is the first apartment complex we have ever lived at that hasn't had air. The apartment manager told me when I moved in that air conditioning wasn't necesarry since we live several miles away from the beach. That's just BS. The ocean breeze doesn't travel that far and we don't get any. We also live upstairs which makes it worse since heat rises. My mom has come into our apartment and mentioned that she felt like she was suffocating. We are all having trouble sleeping since it's so darned hot. I can't wait for some relief. So what is the weather like where y'all are at?

SuZir

100 degrees? Wow! We had very early spring but then last week we got couple inches of fresh snow and while that only lasted couple days it has been cold ever since. Spring halted totally for some time. Birches still have the smallest leafs and tulips are still waiting to really blossom.

But then again, when warmer weather hits (and it apparently does this weekend) summer will be here instantly. Our summer is so short and so light that everything happens so very, very quickly. Both in nature and with people. We have three months time to live for enough to call it a year ;)

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

Castle Queen

Warrior in training
Ha Suzir your climate sounds just like ours but I know we live in very different geographical areas! We are still waiting for spring to spring. In the 40's here today, we've seen 70 once this spring I think. Lots of rain and very depressing- difficult child's baseball games have almost all been cancelled. I may not need to buy shorts this year, lol. But yeah, once it warms up we frantically spend our time doing all the fun warm weather stuff before it cools down again.

KTMom91

Temps over 100 are predicted here for the next few days. When I bought this house, it didn't have any kind of a/c due to the age of the house. I put in a swamp cooler, then last year Hubby bought two window a/c units, one for the bedroom and one for the living room. I'm in heaven now! How did I last all those years with a swamp cooler?

dstc_99

We have been up and down but not drastically. Generally its between mid 50's and mid 70's. Of course when it rains it feels cooler than it is but I love it here because I can wear sweats almost all year round. LOL

BusynMember

Spring?

I think we skipped it this year. It's been in the 50s with lots of rain (I guess the rain is like spring). We did have one good day on Mother's Day, which was nice timing.

I can not imagine 100 degree weather. But then a lot of people can't imagine --20, like we had half the winter this year :)

Californiablonde

I just checked the weather and it's supposed to be in the 60's by next week. I know I'm complaining about the heat, but I don't want it to be cold either! Low 80's would be perfect. Our weather this year so far is not making me happy.

JKF

It's been up and down here. Last week we had two really hot days in the 90's. It's about 70 now but the humidity is 100%. I can take the dry heat but the humidity is just awful! I hate it! Tomorrow is supposed to be similar to today with rain and then the rest of the weekend it's supposed to be gorgeous and in the high 60's/low 70's with no humidity! Can't wait!!

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

KTMom91

104 today, and I had PE duty AND after school parent pick up duty. I just about melted. Stopped at Starbucks on the way home and got a giant iced tea.

muttmeister

Last week one day it was 96 - a new record high for the date. Today the high was barely 50 and we may have frost tonight and a new record low for the date. Sunday evening there were tornadoes in the area. Actually, that sounds like a pretty normal spring for here!!!

Californiablonde

Today it is a nice, pleasant 86 degrees. That's my kind of weather. I wish it would stay this way. Tomorrow it's supposed to be a high of 79, and from there it drops into the 60's all through out the rest of the week.

DammitJanet

We have been fairly normal although it felt like summer was going to start very early about two weeks before Easter this year. It got downright hot and we had to put a little window unit in the living room here. Its hot to me anytime the weather gets near 80. I like it between 65 and 70.

This new little place didnt come with central air so we brought an old window unit I had in my bedroom at the other house. Problem is it is only a 5000 BTU. That isnt big enough to cool this entire place. About 3 weeks ago I went out and bought a 12000 BTU unit to put in the living room and we moved the smaller unit into my bedroom. Now that works pretty well. I hope it works during the hottest parts of the summer.

I could never live without air. No way.