Spring

Wiped Out

Staff member
Has anyone seen it? I could really use a dose of it right now. I. am. so. tired. of. winter.

Of course, there is new snow on the ground this morning-not much but-will it ever warm up and will the sun ever shine again?

SuZir

We have it! Sun is shining, day is getting longer and we are having the most perfect march weather. During the day sun warms us up to 20 to 25 F and during the night it gets colder and around 0 F so ski routes etc. are in pristine condition. Perfect days for all kinds of outdoors activities and I hope we can enjoy this till end of the March.

I just love these springy winter days! :bigsmile:

Tiapet

Old Hand
I'll send some your way w. We've had it here. It was almost 70 yesterday and the day before was nice too. Flowers are blooming all over, the daffodils and some planted hyacinths in the yard. Buds on the trees. I can't wait for our 2 big pear trees (can't think of their full names) in the front to be in full bloom. They have white flowers on them so they are beautiful. There are a lot of them around so everywhere you look when it's time, there looks like these giant q-tip trees. Once they start dropping though, it's like white snow petals all over and then their leaves are green for the rest of the season. I wish they could just stay white all the time.

greenrene

We usually skip winter entirely down here. It never got below freezing, and only below 40 a couple of nights. These days our highs are upper 70's, lows in 60's. The other day we hit 90, but it's pretty early for consistent 80's/90's just yet.

I wear flip-flops year round.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
It was in the 70's the last few days........the daffodils are blooming, the vineyards surrounding the town are covered in bright yellow mustard flowers.........the birds are singing........the air has that smell of spring.......we went for a hike on Saturday and it was the first day of the season I didn't have to wear a jacket or any kind of covering.............I am so happy, I love warm weather and tend to hibernate in the winter..............sending you big doses of the warmth, the flowers, the birds and that wonderful smell of spring..............

Jody

Wiped Out, It's a springish day here. Thank goodness, 27 or so degrees, but the birds are chirping and the sun is out. Warmer weather this weekend, like 53. I can't wait to garden again and have beautiful flowers. I can't wait to play in the dirt. I can actually plant some things in the ground this year, cause I have my own dirt. It will be here soon WO, we just have to hold on a little longer. Spring brings storms though, and living in a mobile home in Spring time kinda scares me.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We had a nearly 70 degree day the day before yesterday. Now? It's cold dreary and spitting snow. Typical for this time of year. (which is why I hate late winter)

I did get Maggie out on that warm day and did my best to make the most of it knowing it wasn't going to last. Nichole dug out an enormous veggie garden bed. Wish I'd had her energy.....I just played with the dog. lol

InsaneCdn

Please don't send any "spring" my way... last thing WE need is +50 (f) or more.
We need a SLOW spring, please... or we'll be up to our eyeballs in WATER.

+33 or +34 (f) is plenty warm enough right now.

muttmeister

WE're having a typical Nebraska March. It was 65 on Friday. My tulips and daffodils are peeking through, about an inch or an inch and a half. Friday night we had thundershowers. Saturday we woke up to a blizzard. We had about 5 inches of snow. Yesterday was in the 50s. By Thursday it is supposed to be 65 again. I guess it sounds crazy but I've lived here long enough to accept it as normal.

cubsgirl

I'm impatiently waiting for spring too. The sun is peeking through the clouds today. I cannot wait for consistent 50 or 60 degree (F) weather!

buddy

I was so jealous of my Ohio relatives playing outside with no coats. I'm ok with 40's even! Today is flurries and wind, yuck.

I need nice whether to get out of my slump
I feel lazy and gross.

Californiablonde

It's seventies and eightees here this week. I am enjoying it while I can. Last week was in the fifties. I know it can easily turn cold again at any moment. Usually it doesn't start warming up here in California till the end of June or early July. So I truly appreciate the weather we are having this week. If I have time on Saturday, I may even lay out at the pool.

InsaneCdn

If I have time on Saturday, I may even lay out at the pool.
Can I bonk you over the head?
MARCH and you can be by the pool - and that's an OUTDOOR pool?

Pools here are... 12 feet deep in snow and ice. Official opening day is something like June 5. (and they close Aug 15...)

Kathy813

Staff member
How can anyone consider temperatures in the 20's springish? That's coat, scarf, and gloves weather to me.

On the other hand, we are hitting the 60's regularly now. I would call that springish.

~Kathy

SuZir

How can anyone consider temperatures in the 20's springish? That's coat, scarf, and gloves weather to me.

It's that also to us. But it is still spring. First, you actually see the sun (we had 50 hours of sun all together this year from start of December to end of February.) When you see it, it's actually above the tree line, not behind them. Sun actually warms and you notice it. It isn't dark when you go to work at 8 or 9 a.m. and it isn't yet dark when you leave at 4 p.m. Birds start to sing. First swans and seagulls come back. There are willow catkins. Birch buds start to get little bigger and if you take birch twigs inside and put them to water buds open. And more than anything it is bright again! :bigsmile:

It is all comparative. If we would only consider it spring, when official spring comes (daily middle temperature goes above freezing) or heaven forbids, still we have first flowers or tulips are coming up or waiting apple trees to flower etc. we would live a winter till mid April, well into May or early June. And our spring would consistent about five days just before we would be at mid summer in 21th of June ;)

For us at the north it is all about light.

greenrene

No kidding! If it ever got down that low here (it rarely if ever does), we wouldn't know what to do with ourselves. Around here, anything under 60 is FREEZING, and you'll see people in boots and coats.

My nephews are training for the Iron Kids Triathlon, and the other day they swam in the RIVER (technically, the Intracoastal Waterway, but it's also called the Indian River).

buddy

CB- it isn't warm usually in Cali. till end of June beg of July? How can that be? Maybe our definition of warm differs. But even in MN it's warm in May and June. It's hot by end of July-Aug. ( of course that varies)

LOL ....I bet our hot is your warm, lol!

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm glad some of you are getting spring! Seriously, I feel like it may never get here. Last year we had record highs in March (temps in the 80s). Now we are stuck in the low 30s for highs. Sigh...

I just need to keep repeating: Spring will come, Spring will come, Spring will come.................

BusynMember

I'm not a hot weather fan at all...not a fan of huge year round bugs, alligators, hurricanes, Christmas barbecues on the beach (sorry, that's not Christmas to me) and I do love the peace and quiet of winter...at least for a few months. But this is ridiculous. It's March 10th and we had more snow. I do like FOUR seasons, not one. This is way to late for snow!

Arrest Mother Nature!