Study links bipolar disorder with older fathers

DammitJanet

Interesting. I was going to say that maybe it could be somewhat true for me because my father was 36 when I was born but according to their "older" meaning, that doesnt fit. Now with Cory...just the opposite would be true. Young dad.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well. That would work for Nichole. husband was 41. However, it's also pretty common in the family and other than husband........the other parents were all young. Very young. In their 20's.

But like TM said, at least they stopped pointing the finger at the moms. lol

Lothlorien

Though I suspect there is some bipolar on husband's side of the family, I think Missy's bipolar is predominantly coming from my mother's side. My mother's side has so many disorders that it would make your head spin. Fotunately, I did not suffer that gene pool.

N

Nomad

Our adopted daughter...well...
Both bio parents may have had the disorder.
HOWEVER, dad had more symptoms.
It may have been a case of BiPolar (BP) I and BiPolar (BP) II.
Sigh.

DammitJanet

You know when you think about this...my mom and dad were both mid 30s when they had me. My dad has a brother that is "something"...none of us really know what but he has been institutionalized since he was very young. He was born right around the time the rest of his brothers were going off to WWII so obviously HIS parents were much older.

I do think my mental illness problems run down my moms side of the family but maybe just a drop come from my dads side...who knows.