Sue C Sue C Sue C Sue C

Star*

call 911........call 911
YOU CAN DO IT SUE!!!
YES YOU CAN

Carrots dipped in ranch dressing -

Cucumbers soaked in zesty italian -

Broccoli with - gosh I dunno - ranch?

Dressings don't count as carbs - and if you're counting fat all of the dressings have fat free or fat reduced versions.

So do pretzels - divide into those little snack baggies - fat free no salt

Oranges -

Apples dipped in cool whip - It's not bad
Apples dipped in fat free cool whip - very good.

YOU CAN DO IT GIRL COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm ROOTING FOR YA!!!!!!!!!!!:treadmill:

Sue C

Thanks for the encouragement, Star. I need to get to the grocery store for more veggies/fruit. Today I ate 2 chocolate chip granola bars for snacks (one mid-afternoon and one after dinner). I didn't even look at the calories. Shame on me.

Sue

Star*

call 911........call 911
I AM ROOTING FOR YOU GIRL.........COME ON.

I'm 260 lbs and I'm zipping up my fat jeans for the first time without my belly going ' OH MY GOD WHO DOES SHE THINK SHE IS KIDDING" and then it all packs into the pants and I thank Levi Strauss for making the worlds most durable zippers.

DO IT WITH US!!!!!!!! GRanola bars are not bad ..........unless you eat the whole box today.

YOU CAN DO THIS
YOU CAN LOOSE WEIGHT
YOU CAN BE A SEXIER YOU
YOU CAN
YOU CAN
YOU CAN
:sheepish:

Sue C

Star -- Thanks for rooting for me. I am feeling like I have to be "perfect" at this new healthier lifestyle, and I'm not. And it's making me feel guilty. I don't like this feeling! I was so gung-ho at first. I would not let myself eat any chocolate or bedtime snack or in-between meal snack. I feel like I'm being "naughty" if I don't eat healthy now. Hard to explain.

I think I made unrealistic expectations on myself and they were too hard to keep. That is the hard part about being a perfectionist. It's all or nothing. It all has to be perfect...or forget it, I'm not doing it at all because it can't be perfect. And I know nothing in life is perfect. Oh dear, I'm rambling............

sue

trinityroyal

Sue, I think that the AA saying "Progress, not Perfection" applies to a healthy lifestyle, just as it does to getting sober. Both are healthy choices, both are radical changes to old habits, and both are very very hard.

Congratulations for each and every positive change you've made. They will make a huge difference to your health over the long haul. As for the occasional slip-up, rather than feeling guilty about it, can you plan for them? Schedule them in, so that you know they are coming and you can compensate.

In fact, programs such as Body For Life include an "eat whatever you want" day once a week.

You're doing great! Way to go.

Trinity

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have not eaten any of the naughty foods yet.....

But I will admit when I had the WW mint sundae yesterday I felt like I'd done a dirty, dirty, thing.

Next time I will use a spoon.