susiestar

Roll With It
They have NO right to treat you like a PITA just because they know you are bipolar. THAT is unprofessional to say the least! Risperdal is NOT the only AP. Back when Wiz was on them we were told geodon is weight neutral, so it might be an option to try.

I would also tell them that by NOT giving her the bipolar diagnosis or mood disorder not otherwise specified diagnosis they are keeping her from getting appropriate treatment and appropriate supports and protections at school. At the very least tell them that you want her treatment to follow the guidelines in the link smallworld posted above. Sometimes you have to put the protocol in their face and insist they tell you why they are not following it. Esp if you and therapist can see her cycle in less than an hour.

It would problem help if therapist could write a letter stating that he can see difficult child cycling in an hour or less. Be sure to make a copy of the letter for your files before you give the letter to the doctor.

I hope you get some help soon.

Hugs.

oh - Did you get my PM?

busywend

Take a few deep breaths and figure out your own plan for your difficult child. When the time is right, and you do have to tiptoe around docs so they think they made the plan, you suggest your plan.
What is it you would do if you were in charge of treatment?

Jody

difficult child did not get admitted to the hospital. She behaved like a perfect angel and said she wasn't going to hurt me or hurt herself and sent us home. I called her psychiatrist and therapist, the therapist just called me and said the nurse should be calling me shortly and is going to put her on a mood stabilizer. I don't know what it is or what is going on but I sure hope it helps soon. She has been decent for a whole day. This is the first time that she has ever had a mood stabilizer and I sure hope it works. I am hopeful once again.

Jody

Dr. just called and they decided to increase the Abilify to 20 mgs per day. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.