Taking pills at the same time?

mum2JK&TH

difficult child now has to take the Clonidine in the morning. Do most of your difficult child's take their pills together? difficult child takes his Concerta in the morning and I was wondering if I can give him the Clonidine at the same time or do I have to make it a different time, like 1/2 hr apart?

Does it matter?

DammitJanet

I take a handful of pills at the same time. In fact we joke that I should rattle when I take my medications at night. husband cant figure out how I can swallow so many at one time because I take 9 pills or more in one mouthful at a time.

busywend

Most things you can take at the same time. There are a few over the counter medications that interact with RX medications though. Usually the pharmacist will mention them during your review when getting a new medication.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
kt takes 3 different medications in the morning, 2 in the afternoon & 3 again at night.

It's really never been a problem here.

Janna

easy child is on Concerta and also on a blood pressure medication (as Clonodine is) called Captopril.

He always takes them both at the same time in the A.M. Never been a problem.

Dylan takes all his pills at one shot too. I wouldn't worry over it. If it becomes a concern, I, too, would just call the psychiatrist.

Janna

Wiped Out

Staff member
difficult child takes them all in one handfull. Poor thing at one time he had to swallow 9-he did them all at once every day.

easy child only takes her one at a time but all at the same time of day.

I take several at once even though some are supposed to be on an empty stomach and some with food.

needabreak

HOow can you swollow all those pills at once.i can barley swollow the exendrine i take for headachs.i feel for people who have to take so many medications at once.you must get tired of taking medications.i know my son is and he only has to take one pill 5 times a day.well that is until they changed it today.