The Gosselin's

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm not much on reality shows of any kind but I have seen Jon and Kate a few times. It's not that I particularly liked either of them but I was just curious to see how you manage a house with that many kids.

Anyhoo, these two are driving me insane! I'm sorry they are divorcing, just as I would be to see anyone divorce. I'm sorry their kids are going through this but they need to stop. I'm sick of hearing about them, sick of seeing them go on tv airing their dirty laundry and now Jon is being a total jerk. Honestly, what kind of parent goes on national TV and declares that he/she DESPISES the other parent of their children??? I wish there was some way to tell them both to just SHUT UP!!!! This stuff will be on the internet forever...their kids will see it someday...they will see how their parents acted....what they did....all of it. Granted, Kate seems to be a bit more.....closed mouthed but personally I think they both just need to shut their traps and focus on their kids instead of their publicity.

Sorry...didn't mean to get on a soap box but it was reeeeally irking me and there isn't really anywhere else to whine.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Duct tape.

A while back Star said she was going to have specialized duct tape? Maybe we can all order some with "SHUT UP" on it. And then have it shipped to poor Jon with instructions.

Not that he's blameless, just in this case... Sigh.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Personally, I have boycotted anything to do with them. Its pretty minor beans, I know, but its all I can do. If everyone stopped buying or watching them, there'd be no cash incentive to keep them going, and maybe then they would shut up. Or at least not bring their trash into the mainstream public eye, anyway.

Again...I'm thinking the Amish aren't so far off....

Last edited:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL Shari - I don't watch them either. Course I don't watch much TV anyway. But you can't avoid it all... Sigh.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm actually doing a pretty good job lately. lol I'm lucky if I know the weather forecast right now.

DammitJanet

I was a huge Jon and Kate fan in the beginning. Ok, maybe I should revise that...I was a huge Plus 8 fan. I love the kids. I have loved watching the kids grow up.

I think this family started going off track when they started getting all the freebies. In the beginning they were a pretty normal, middle class family with all these babies. As the show took hold suddenly Kate went Hollywood and companies started sending in all this material "stuff". Now every week its something new for the family that no one else can possibly afford. They get a new huge house, new kitchen, new playhouses, new remodeling, new dogs, new bikes, new everything! They go everywhere. They cant possibly afford it other than the tv show. Its absurd.

I liked seeing the kids learn to ride little bikes from walmart, not expensive 4wheelers. They were cute on the swingset that they moved from house to house. Now they have outdoor playground equipment that would rival most school yards. I doubt the kids are even allowed out to play on it.

Mattsmom277

I used to enjoy watching the show, even if I had annoyance with it at times. Now I don't watch. I do however see all the **** spread over all the news sites, and I agree. They both need to just knock it off for the kids sake.

KTMom91

I plan to watch Primetime tonight because I'm curious what all Jon has to say. I think he's been acting like a horse's patoot, but he's not the one who's been doing all the talking. She has. Anyway, I just want to hear the other side of it.

donna723

OK ... I admit it! I've watched it since it first came on and I still watch it - mostly because there's not much else on at the same time. At first it was really cute, watching them cope with all those adorable babies. As it went on though, it became one 'field trip' after another, what expensive vacation would they be on this week. And then when all the divorce talk started, all the sympathy was with Jon because of the way she talked to him, etc. He really should have 'grown him a set' a long time ago. But since then, it's hard to have much sympathy for him because his behavior has been truely skunky. They hinted that the relationship had been going downhill for a long time, but I don't understand why they didn't try to get some kind of counseling when there was some possibility of keeping it together. And at the end, they said that he had refused any kind of counseling or making any effort to save the marriage - he just wanted out. I think that's what disappointed me the most. Anyone who has eight little kids at home owes it to them to do everything they can to try to work things out, and then if it doesn't work, they can at least say that they tried everything they could. She seems more relaxed and not so up tight since he's gone, but she could just be making a big effort to overcome her reputation as a shrew! Whatever ... but it's a shame and I feel very sorry for those poor kids being right in the middle of it.

DammitJanet

Donna, you hit my feelings pretty much on the head.

I am waiting to see how many difficult child's start coming out in the bunch too. I have always thought Maddy was one. Her meltdowns seemed out of proportion to me. The little boy that is so structured and professor like may have some aspie traits. Though really, the fact that they are so well behaved and have no obvious disabilities yet is a miracle considering how premature they were.

gottaloveem

I thought in the beginning, they were handling the kids very well. Sure Kate had a tendency to be bossy, but with that many little kids, somebody has got to take charge. I think left up to Jon as leader, the house would barely function.

It is too bad they are splitting up. Maybe the fame and fortune did get to their heads. Too bad mostly for the kids. They seemed so happy and adjusted when their parents were together.

Just for kicks, I'd like to see the show when Cara and Maddy are 17 and the sextuplets are 14 and in high school. LOL!!!!!

Lia

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm not sure what the break down is with the younger kids but can you imagine??? That many teen age girls in one house?

:faint: :surprise: :wildone:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
She seems more relaxed and not so up tight since he's gone, but she could just be making a big effort to overcome her reputation as a shrew!

She probably appears more relaxed because she's not dealing with him and his immaturity, face making and lethargic and pathetic attempt at parenthood! She's probably able to function better and keep a schedule and hold it all together now that he's out of the house.

You would think that it would be even more overwhelming for her, and maybe the crud that's making the daily tabloids makes it especially difficult, but to me and because of my own experience as being a single mom, she looks better than she ever has before. And I didn't watch the show.

What they should have done was taken a sebbatical from the show and focused more on strengthening their marriage and then decide whether it was in their best interests to move forward for another season, but I am guessing they had contracts to consider and ratings to be concerned with...and lots of financials to be concerned with. It got the better of them. Having 8 kids is difficult - being on national tv with 8 kids has got to be even worse. I feel bad for the day when their kids do a search on line about themselves and all this garbage will come up about their parents - that is truly the saddest.

donna723

Those kids are probably hearing it NOW, at least the older two are! Even if they aren't allowed to watch that much TV, their classmates probably are and are seeing all of this. And it's not just the show ... the commercials for the programs and interviews with them saying nasty things about each other are on every 10 minutes! And their parents faces are on every magazine and tabloid in the grocery store. There's no way they could NOT be hearing it.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well - when the MEDIA starts telling the public that the reality stars are going TOO Far and being out of line AND ......it's time to shut up. (and I don't say shut up personally- but I saw the news in the doctors office today and the reporter said.....it's time for them to SHUT UP)....I agree it's gotten out of hand with the mud slinging.

witzend

I have never watched any "reality" show, ever. Not once. No Survivor, no Dancing with the Stars, no American Idol, nothing. They encourage people's worst traits. Of course a family of 10 is going to change if you drop everything they ever wanted in their laps. They're not going to change for the better. Anyone going for this type of fame is betting that their character can win out over greed. The problem is, they are greedy characters. I don't care to be a part of it.

I miss scripted television. I miss intelligent entertainment.

Jon and Kate and their children are pitiful. Their children are pitiful because their parents sold them out. That doesn't change what they are. It might change if their parents walked away from it all today and never participated in any interview or public intercourse again. But that's not going to happen.

DazedandConfused

I suppose that would depend on what someone's definition of "worse" would be. I've always got the impression, even in the beginning, that Jon Gosslin was a reluctant father. Now he's a clod in my eyes. Especially with his latest revelations about hating his ex-wife.

I think they would have split regardless of the TV. I can imagine the financial pressures would have been substantial without the TV income to have to raise those eight kids. I don't know..I'm getting a bit tired of people condemning them. Especially when they haven't walked in their shoes. It reminds me of parents of PCs.

DammitJanet

Dazed...you have a good point. The only thing I really have a huge problem with is all the material things and that is not really their fault, to be honest. I would have taken the things too if someone had offered them to me. It is extreme jealousy on my part to be upset by it but it also probably did the parents no good to get it all dumped in their laps. I imagine the kids werent hurt by getting to go on lots of trips to places that they would never have been able to go if it wasnt for the TV show. That just enriched their little lives. Now some of the things like 4 play houses they could probably do without.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I have never watched any "reality" show, ever. Not once. No Survivor, no Dancing with the Stars, no American Idol, nothing. They encourage people's worst traits. Of course a family of 10 is going to change if you drop everything they ever wanted in their laps. They're not going to change for the better. Anyone going for this type of fame is betting that their character can win out over greed. The problem is, they are greedy characters. I don't care to be a part of it.

I miss scripted television. I miss intelligent entertainment.

Me too! I've never been hooked on any reality series - they all seem filled with the lowest of the low, especially the shows on MTV and the like. Ugh. E! entertainment channel also has some of the worst garbage on tv. Honestly, I don't even watch tv anymore except for a few programs on PBC or Discovery and Greys. I'd rather read a book of my own choosing about my own interests. I hear dancing with the stars is pretty good, not so trashy, but again, I just can't be bothered. I'd like to see some more intellectual and clever dialogue with meaning.

I wish that they would bring back the old variety shows - - a little dancing, singing, sketches, comedy. That would be fun for the whole family. You don't see much of that anymore either.