The Missing incident report was sent to me....uggg

buddy

This is a follow up to the psychiatric saying he restrained Q last year and I had never gotten a written notice of any such thing. I had received many phone calls, at times people said the had held his . hand or wrist and that is all I remember. I would have certainly asked for more complete info than this... what was actually said between "negative talk" and his "grabbing his arm"???

This is the email I sent to the law advocate... I am just doing a copy and paste plus quick edit to save time, hope it makes sense. let me know if I missed any names ... thanks guys...

what do you think??

Just so frustrating. I am really sick of this dude.

I received a copy of the incident report dated JUNE X, 2011.. which means it was the end of the year when we had just been starting to transition ms behavior team aide from working with Q directly in the school.

it says:
Manual restraint
grabbed Q's wrists when he grabbed my arm, was able to grab both wrists. He ten dropped to the floor. I continued to hold and it lasted approx. three minutes.

Q stopped resisting and settled down. His behaivor was appropriate for the last part of the day and was able to ride the bus home.

then there is a record of telephone call:

purpose: notify mom of restraint

notes from contact: I called mom to notify her that towrds the end of the day that I had physically restrained Q. i was touching base with him and he as talking very negatively towards me. I was sitting in a chair in his office and he came at me and grabbed my arm (ISNT THAT INTERESTING... HE DID WHAT psychiatric ADMITTED TO DOING TO Q....DO YOU THINK ANYONE WILL EVER BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY THAT DOING THAT WILL RESULT IN HIS DOING THE SAME??) I broke free (BET THAT WAS HARD WITH AN 80 LB KID) from his grasp and he came at me again and I grabbed his arm. Q then kept coming at me and I was able to grab his other arm. He then dropped to the floor and I continued to hold him. Mrs teacher aide returned as he was calming down. Q was able to remain calm for the rest of the day (30-45 minutes) and rode the bus home.

Mom was upset that I restrained him and questioned me about hte incident. She said that he would hold a grudge and would be mad at me. I said that I'd fllow up with him on Monday.

I am wondering how in heck this helps. I swear I NEVER got an impression from anyone at any time that anything but wrist holds/hand holds/deflections and guiding him to his room have ever happened so I am thinking that the detail on that report was not what he actually told me. I think it is pretty presumptuous of him to decide how I felt but in any event, it was around that time of year that I had seen him shove Q into a chair and so I have been concerned about his ability to de escalate a situation from then on. SInce he got so upset with me himself just for not signing the ROI after HE filled in the blanks and wrote the opposite of what I said he could have.... slapping his hand on the table and leaving the meeting.... I have worried about his level of patience in general.

So, this gives us no help anyway. Between saying he was talking negatively towards him and his grabbing psychs arm, what exactly happened. Did he shut up and leave as we are supposed to do to de escalate? or did he try to make him stop, talk it out, etc. I really think this guy does NOT GET what drives the contstant chatter Q has. I have given him the list of symptoms of his brain injury and still I think he does not get it.

If I had received this in writing last year I would have asked for further information to get the bigger picture. I think conveniently leaving out what the staff specifically said is really incomplete.

Too late now. I hope in future if this kind of thing happens I will get a written report.

It is really upsetting when the same person has issues over and over and it is veiwed as the kids issue. And he is a leader there for the behavioral issues so sets the tone for the others. UGGG.

susiestar

Roll With It
This is CYA koi. My impression is that this was written recently and NOT at the time. Mostly because what he says about you seems off, and NOT like you. More like what someone with psychiatric's limited ability to understand a situation would THINK you would say if he played the conversation in his head. Does that make sense?

I am sure the guy has escalated 99% or more of his problems with Q. He sounds like the kind who believes that kids "learn" from restraints. They do, but NOT what this kind thinks they learn.

There will be more tricks from this guy. He isn't trustworthy.

buddy

I dont think I would ever say Q would hold a grudge against him. It is dated and signed but I am not sure who the sigs are because they are illegible. I suspect he did call, it was the very end of school year... but he did NOT tell me he had him on the floor in a restraint. NO WAY I would let that go. I have been there with him so am very on guard. I am so suspicious and I really think you are right Susie, this is cya.

buddy

OH, a good thing about them sneaking the high school psychiatric into our fba meeting... I met her. She seemed totallly different and actually had questions about medications etc. and smiled and this psychiatric from the 5th grade transition meeting on said nothing and did nothing until the end of last year. And she is a woman, I think that might work in Q's favor.

InsaneCdn

Have they copied the file for the lawyer yet? There maybe ways to prove it was out of sequence... if the copying is done and that doctor is missing, its obvious, if not copied yet, it will of course be included, but they don't usually get things filed in proper sequence if its added afterwards.

buddy

They did and it wasn't in there.... they only sent the assessments and per reviews... she had asked for everything for the past two years...

InsaneCdn

Which means, by definition, it wasn't in the file, and ALL of this kind of documentation is just CYA... at least, it makes a good case for that!

buddy

I think so, but guess have to wait to see what she says. I just dont count on anything anymore. Luckily, we only have about four more months with this jerk so I am not going to waste my energy on him. I decided to focus on writing the best plan possible for 2012-13.