The Sky MUST Be Falling!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
It's official. In 44 yrs this is the strangest birthday ever.

First I spend most of the day worrying over Travis. Then several hours at the docs office. Then out to eat with husband and Travis so we don't have to make yet another trip across town.

I get home and am here only mins when Nichole comes rushing in and wants to take me to dinner for my birthday. I felt bad having to tell her I'd just eaten, but thanks for the invite and thinking of me.

Not 15 mins later easy child comes rushing in to ask me to come to dinner for my birthday. I had to tell her the same as I told Nichole. Felt really bad cuz she'd taken off work early to take me to eat.

A couple hours later Nichole comes home with the baby. easy child follows with Darrin and sister in law. There is the cake Darrin chose for me iced in my favorite color....yellow. The lil guy remembered all by himself. He and Aubrey sang Happy Birthday to me and helped me blow out the candles. Too sweet. Aubrey and Nichole gave me potted pansies. easy child and Darrin gave me Red Skelton dvds, and an Alfred Hitchcock dvd.

Once all the tado was done I'm just getting ready to relax at the computer when the phone rings. It's one of my brothers, S. I haven't spoken to him since last year. Turns out he's on the road, he's a trucker, and can he call me back cuz he needs to get situated? Sure thing.

My other brother calls. This is my eldest brother D. It has been 21 yrs since the last time I spoke to or even saw the man.:faint: I didn't even know who it was at first. (awful huh?)

I get off the phone with D and S calls me back. We talk quite a while. Then this call is interrupted by my sister T. So I let S go so that I can talk with T. A nice chat, and I got some happy news about her new grandaughter.

I no more than hang up with T and it's my Mom's turn. We talk awhile, and yes I couldn't resist, I just had to tell her my sibs had called and what a shocker it was. She asked if my other sis S had called. I said no.

I hang up from Mom thinking okay now it's too late for me to relax at the computer before bed since I have Darrin coming early in the morning. And I'm about to head off to bed.

Sis S calls and we talk.

I feel like I should go outside and check the sky. It must be falling.:highvoltage::scared:

Brother S is the only one of my four sibs who is given to calling me periodically unless he's busy on long hauls. But to have all FOUR of them call me on the same day is just downright spooky.

Although brother S let it out of the bag that Mom had called each and every one of them this morning and reminded them it was my birthday, gave them my number, and told them to call me.:rofl:

Still, for them (other than brother S) to actually do it, is amazing. And that Mom had done that for me blows my mind. It is so totally out of characture for her.

Oh, and while on the phone with Mom, she asked me how the doctor appointment went. When I told her she didn't do her usual denial and attack routine. Instead she told me that one way or another it would be alright and to place it onto God's shoulders.

You know, I've waited for 44 long years to get the only thing I've ever wanted from my mother. Tonight I know that despite her mental illness, despite the awful things that have gone on between us, that she does actually care. That was priceless.

Because of my Mom's thoughtfulness, I was touched and reconnected with all my sibs when I needed it the most. And it turned out to be quite a birthday afterall.

:bigsmile:

klmno

What a great day!! I'm happy for you.... and glad to know that you won't go to bed hungry or feeling unloved or with horrible news on your shoulders.

Happy Birthday!!

susiestar

Roll With It
Lisa,

I am so glad you had this birthday with your mother's actions. I know that you have a rocky history, and it won't be "fixed" with one round of birthday calls.

but now you know she REALLY does care.

I am so happy for you. It is nice to hear the happiness in your post.

Hugs,

susie

ps. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! (Remember we love you too!!!)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
What a wonderful gift to you! Sounds like a very special, very meaningful day, all in all! :D Happy Birthday!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Awww...you get my first tears of the day. What a lovely unite. Happy Birthday!!!

I come from a very disjointed family. It's not like we have issues with each other, but just don't seem to chat. I haven't seen my sister or brother in 13 years. I call my brother every 6 months or so, but haven't spoken to sis in a good couple of years. I call and call, but get no response. To make matters worse, my sis and brother live in the same city and don't ever connect.

Part of the reason we moved to Vegas is that it is a cheap and easy place to fly into. It's not so cheap to fly into remote parts of North Dakota. But...no one comes except my parents.

Anyways...glad mom did her 'mom job' and you got to chat with your family. I'm sure it made a special birthday.

Abbey

everywoman

Okay---you made me cry. How wonderful to have so many reconnects on your birthday. And a break through with mom---wow. And the kind of good news on Travis. And dinner out and cake! Bask in the glow today.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hey princess -

A dream is a wish your heart makes.

Sounds like your heart wished big!

Hugs