The Spoon Theory

DammitJanet

This is an excellent article for anyone who is dealing with a chronic illness or living with someone with a chronic illness or just wants to know what we go through.

susiestar

Roll With It
This is an awesome story. I have used it to explain to many family members and friends about what I go through. I hope it is helpful to others as well.

I also use it to help explain how hard it is for thank you to be in places that are loud, have lots of chaotic sensory input, etc.... He has to use his spoons to try to sort through all of that and it leaves few spoons left to do anything else.

DammitJanet

It and the letter to normals are two of the best things I have ever found to help people understand what it is like to live our lives. I have never had a problem...lol. I know what its like even though I really wish I could find more spoons. I havent found a store that sold more spoons yet though.

Josie

I like this story, too. My husband is getting better about understanding what our daughter goes through, but I am going to send him this article for a refresher.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I like this, a lot.

I might send it to my girls as a reminder.

I did the running all week. It has caught up to me today and yesterday. I somehow made it to Darrin's soccer game......came home and crashed for 4 hrs. I was supposed to go over to easy child's to do coupons.......woke up swollen and having too much trouble breathing to care much about coupons and sales. easy child was disappointed, I think she might think I just didn't want to do it. I hide so much of what I go through daily from everyone, including the ones I live with.....that when I'm having a really really bad day like today they get blindsided. Today my supply of spoons was very limited. ugh

Jena

thanks janet....... yes it really is about counting my spoons now....... good story, sweet kid.

Last edited:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think Witz does this - with FORKS - (as in FORK uuuuuuuuuuuuu) OH I did NOT say that.

InsaneCdn

Great find... I can relate totally for myself... but nobody on the whole planet believes that it applies to my difficult children... Their DXs don't involve limits and fatigue... or so "they" say. I'm just a Mom... or so "they" say.

I'm going to add it to my "book of knowledge", though...