This week is a test...this morning I SAW a mouse on my parts counter!

DDD

Whine! Eeek!

I'm making lots of noise in hopes he runs into the warehouse. If he goes there the chances are slim that we will cross paths! :( DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
(snicker) Star loves rodents.

OH D3....let me do mouse math for you.....you're not going to like it but for extermination purposes you will appreciate it now better than later. Promise.

One mouse and her mate can begin to be sexually active at 2 weeks of age. Frisky little buggers aren't they. By the time they are four weeks old? They can have litters of their own. One litter the first time can yield 1-13 babies. Mice aren't picky - they'll take a sister fora bride. So if there were no other mice in the world? A Mom and a Dad, having 13 babies in a years time could have an infestation of .....let's see 13x6 carry the 3....divided by.....add in the neighbors little hussy daughter mouse and her biker boyfriend mouse...and well you could have thousands of mice in as few as three months. That's JUST with one family. One Mom, One Dad and their furry little progeny.

Now if there were more mice families? Wow - times two or more? Yeah....and here's the icky part about this. Mice draw snakes. Oh did I say that.

tawnya

Well, DDD, I was in my bathroom yesterday when a mouse ran across my foot. If I had not screamed, my little rat terrier would have gotten it. I don't mind mice in the field, but I don't like them in my house!

My dogs are now officially on alert.

trinityroyal

Ick, ick, YUCK!

DDD, I'm so sorry that you have yet another thing to add to your list.
Sending good thoughts that next week is better.

Trinity

muttmeister

Well, I'm not crazy about mice inside as I do know they can carry germs (of course, so do people) but, really, that mouse was more scared of you than you were of him. The thing about mice is, they may surprise you, but they aren't going to attack. I'm for getting a cat.

DDD

Thanks for the support....everybody, that is, but Starbie! Eh
Gods girl you are going to trigger more nightmares than the ads list for Cynesta (sp?) when they list the possible side effects of their stop smooking medication. "May result in
upsetting and frightening dreams". What?? Do you work for those people, gal. :surprise:

I am not a cat person. I am not a mouse person. On more than a rare occasion I am not a dog person (for instance when Ace got a squirrel). LOL

I am a big fan of exterminators who set traps and come promptly back to retrieve them! Some lucky Dude is getting a call from me this afternoon. ;) DDD

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
DDD--

I have to second what Star said...The snakes did a wonderful job of eliminating the rodent problem at our house.

Luckily, once the snakes ran out of food--they moved on.

Star*

call 911........call 911
D3.......? :tongue:

Um....if you think my math is mouse-tranomical - wait until some Dude comes and looks with a flashlight for droppings and gives you the real poop on the rodentia...THEN you'll be saying "OH STARBIE (insert twinkling lights here) you ARE my friend, thank you for mouse math." lol. :sick:(lol)

Early detection and all that. :laugh: Truth is once the some Dude comes in? It will take less than a week for the problem to clear up. If you see one? 13 are hiding. That's the general rule. (oh I did it again) blargh I am dead to her. :surprise: Just saying - call some Dude. You've had enough poop in your life this week, exterminate what you can. ;)

DDD

:smug: You're smart, Starbie.

The Dude was here and insisted on sharing more info than I ever wanted to hear. At least twice I interrupted him and said "I really appreciate your prompt response and will leave the battle in your hands." To which he responded
"Thank you etc. etc. (more etc. on how some of the poop is still damp):sick: etc. etc. (more etc. on how "brazen" the act of being on my counter is and how it indicates that they consider this their place). Gag! I even tried to interrupt by
saying "would you like a check now?" to which he replied
"oh, no thank you we'll bill you later after we etc. etc. etc.

I think I'll bring a doughnut in the morning and just toss it on the counter for the rodents that consider this home. ;)
Do you have a relative who owns a business in this burg?
DDD

Marg's Man

I think I'll bring a doughnut in the morning and just toss it on the counter for the rodents that consider this home.
before or after you dip in [insert favourite toxin here, I prefer Ratsak] ? but then you have the body (plural?)

Dude will also deal with corpses for you.

Star*

call 911........call 911
(snicker)

You could always get a piper for your Hamlet. (ducks ugly stare, but nabs doughnut mid air) lol.

DDD

:redface: I'm eating the doughnut because the brazen rodent is evidently hiding somewhere this morning.
Maybe it's sleeping late as it is rainy and miserable outside.

Tawnya, I forgot to respond to your post. OMG!! I think you are so brave...and lucky. What a yucky experience. DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
(tapping finger to chin) What is it that Totoros little N says.....Oh yeah.....

Margs Man ----
"I can't hear you.....these doughnuts are so................(skull and cross bones) blargh...........

Tawnya - I think you were probably sitting on the right seat if you were afraid of rodents. (And sung to the tune of Back in the saddle again.?) I'm back in the corner again.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I have shared the underside of my mobile home with a huge ratsnake for several years. She eats mice and rats, but still leaves enough behind for the cat to hunt. Only time I see her is when she comes out to sun herself on my driveway on cooler but sunny days.

She's actually gotten quite tame with me and puts up with me doing things like shoving her out of the way with my foot. Rat snakes are constrictors and not venomous (in fact, they, especially the fancy colored ones, are popular pets), but like most snakes, have a mouth full of sharp, back-curved teeth that makes a bite an unpleasant experience.

witzend

"Put the doughnut into the mouse trap and get it done with!", she said with great bravado, knowing full well that her husband would have to pick up the traps as they were tripped.

Seriously, we had rats as big as rat terriers in the crawl space this winter. Either you trap them, or you pay someone to trap them. We ended up with a 50/50 deal.

DammitJanet

GN...you sound like Tony. He has no fear of snakes. Neither do my boys...and evidently neither does Hailie! Jamie catches the darn things in his job and if they are "nice" brings them home to show her...ugh. This isnt such a good thing because one day he had her out fishing with him and she took off running to try and catch a "snake daddy...snake!"