This year is over....no more....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Caution huge whine ahead.......

Plumbing issues late last night. mother's death, grandpa on death's door even as we speak, wm forever in never never land, kt doing well some days....not so much others.

My health takes a nosedive into the toilet - a minimum of 12 months PT toward recovery & we don't have a diagnosis yet. Now, just a half hour ago, my 110 year old oak tree snaps in half & has take out a couple of our neighbors cars, the entire road out front, my neighbor's privacy fence & who knows what else. That tree is huge & was due for coming down next spring.

I'm going away now . . . cannot take one more thing. Just cannot.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
:smile:

For heaven's sake.

Yes, you've had enough. More than enough.

If the tree split this early in the morning it's a miracle you didn't top off the year with a heart attack, too.

Good grief, Linda.

Enough.

Gentle hugs,
Suz

Nancy

We had a huge oak tree split and come down in one of the many storms we had this week. It was in the woods behind our property but it fell completely in our yard. Thankfully it did not hit anything and I was lucky to get our lawn service to come in and cut it up and haul it away. I felt bad because it was the home to several nests of various animals.

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time of it Linda. You are certainly due for a change of luck here.

Nancy

Marguerite

Wow! It never rains but it pours!

Let's hope your home-owners insurance is paid up. We've had to rely on that for falling trees in the recent past - 18 months ago. We had a number of trees come down, luckily only two went over the fence and only one fence was damaged - the neighbour replaced two palings. We got the SAS (State Emergency Service) to chainsaw it all up, they were there within a couple of hours. Great blokes! All without charge because it was an emergency.

At least now you don't have to organise to get someone to cut the tree down for you, as you were planning. THAT job is done!

What brought it down? Old age? Or strong winds?

At least kt isn't home, I suspect the shock of it all would have upset her a fair bit.

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Wow, Linda. You've certainly had more than your fair share lately. Sending some gently hugs. It will all work out with the tree - let the insurance companies haggle it out and fix everything up.

busywend

I am sorry, Linda. 2007 is for sure not one of your better ones, huh?

I had a tree fall into my back yard from a wind storm. I was shocked to find out I was responsible to remove the portion of their tree that was on my property. Yup, I had to pay for it (well insurance, but I still had the deductible!)

muttmeister

Sending hugs your way. It seems that it never rains unless it pours. I can see why you'd welcome a dry spell, metaphorically speaking. Here's hoping you are due for a change.

Sunlight

Linda, I heat with wood and oak is tops! maybe you can get a lawn company or someone who sells wood to come cut it up and even pay YOU for it.

sorry life :censored2:, it can only get better, right?
hugs, my dear.

Steely

:smile:

I would be SO over it too..............OMG. What else?

So so sorry......sending positive karma your way!

jannie

trying to survive....
I say enough is enough !!!! You're done for the year....So sorry to your never ending troubles...Sending great big hugs-- :smile: :surprise:

F

flutterbee

Enough is enough. I'll pick up a book on voodoo rituals. You bring the materials for the doll(s).

Oh honey.

There are a few of us who would rather see 2007 end (Me, Heather, yourself...I know there are more...)

I am so sorry. Mustering up all the good juju I can.

gottaloveem

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Suz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> :smile:
</div></div>

Ditto.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I had another thought for you after I walked away from the computer. Some businesses have fiscal years that start at a time they choose. Well just decide that your life fiscal year restarts now. I know it sounds goofy but sometimes goofy is necessary.

Beth

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:smile: :faint:

I agree with ant's Mom. Linda, have husband contact someone you can sell that oak to for fire wood. You might as well make some money off the old tree.

We have one about to come down across the alley. Not our yard, the neighbors. It actually died off last year, and has been losing branches at an alarming rate. I'm just waiting for one to hit husband's car. The owners seem to be ignoring the problem. :hammer:

((((hugs))))

mum2JK&TH

Linda, I'm so sorry, you have definately had your fair share. I truly hope it starts getting better for you soon.

(((HUGS)))

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I appreciate the cyber ear. Yesterday just seemed like a bit too much. :smile: :hammer: I was asking God what on his little green earth was I meant to be taught; I'm a fairly intelligent woman & need to only be knocked up side the head a couple of times before "it" sinks on. :faint:

Life happens - that's really all it's all about. Life. Yesterday someone else's day could have been a lot worse. Our neighbor 3 doors down lost 3 huge fir trees - 2 of them had taken out his house.

The city of department works came out & removed the large debris off the street so traffic could get through. Our insurance agent will be dropping by this morning with a claims adjuster to check our my home (nothing appears damaged, except the front sidewalk & railings), along with damage to my neighbors car, his front yard & gazebo.

My oak tree demolished 2 of the prettiest cedar trees in my front yard & those will be covered by my homeowner's. My dad called yesterday to let me know that the baby trees (black chestnut trees) that he had been growing from the family farm are ready for transplant & he would be bringing me up 2 - just to keep the family farm up, alive & running - in the midst of St. Paul MN.

After I caught up with sleep yesterday, I sat down at my piano & played 2 pieces of music, I cried over the loss, in so many areas of my life as I played - then I was done for the day. I expect I'll be in that place again. Last night I was just done.

I so appreciate you all listening. :flower: I was raised by my mother to be a strong woman - to do what needs to be done for me & for my entire family. I will continue to follow Mom's life's lessons to the extent I am able. In the meantime, I'm learning to ask for help & feel incredibly humbled. Not a bad place to be from time to time.

:flower: