time change

donna723

I don't remember it happening this early either! Usually the end or March or the beginning of April, isn't it? I know we went off of daylight savings time a week later last fall.

Andy

There was a change in the change the year before last I think. I know that all the long term calendars are wrong now. I had a 5 year calendar that still had the old time change schedule on it last year.

My way of thinking is that the "Fall back" needs to be a little earlier - you know, when the kids are trying to get into the earlier to bed for school routine and the "Spring forward" needs to be closer to Summer (maybe even a day where most kids don't have school that Monday because even though it is a Sunday morning, the effects of loosing an hour sleep lingers into Monday and beyond.)

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I HATE having to change all the clocks, watches, etc. I still don't get why Indiana had to change to daylight savings time and I'm sure this has led to our current Economic situation.......... going out to buy "atomic" clocks that change THEMSELVES!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I knew it should have been in april...........it used to be around husband's birthday and that's how I'd remember.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I HATE having to change all the clocks, watches, etc. I still don't get why Indiana had to change to daylight savings time and I'm sure this has led to our current Economic situation.......... going out to buy "atomic" clocks that change THEMSELVES!

Ditto! LOL Apparently we are pretty boring around here if all we had to discuss at the time is if we should change our clocks.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Here they were talking about getting rid of the change of clocks thing. I refuse to change any clocks..ever.. The only clocks in the house that are right are the ones on the computers and thats only because they update themselves.

I talk a lot to companies in Arizona, and always when I need something thats a rush at 4:30, they are closed because "we" here in Ca. insist on fooling adding an hour, subtracting an hour..aguuuuu

Just leave the dang time alone already...

Marcie

rejectedmom

Thanksw dreamer my husband remembereed but I didn't I couldn
t figure out why he was hurringme out the door for brunch an hour before it started! LOL

Wiped Out

Staff member
I remembered but am tired. I had to read at the 7:30 Mass this morning which, of course, was really like 6:30. I want a day to sleep in. I did, however, come home and sleep for about 2 1/2 hours.

donna723

Anyone with either very small children or dogs has a rough time with daylight savings time for the first few days! I remember when the kids were babies how hard it was to get them used to getting up an hour earlier, or later! And the dogs didn't give a rats rear what time the clock said it was this morning - they had to go outside to pee and woke me up to take them!

I hate resetting all those clocks! And every time I think I'm done, and then the next morning I go out and get in the car and remember that I have to set the dashboard clock too! I can never remember how to do it and it's trial and error every time!

DammitJanet

I dont like this time change. My internal clock doesnt change...lol. Im just now getting hungry!

Thankfully my two most important clocks reset themselves...computer and cellphone. I do have to figure out my car clock but maybe someone else will do it for me.

DDD

I hated it when it started. I hated it when I had babies. I absolutely hated it when I was raising grandbabies. Hmmmmm....why don't they take a vote! DDD

Andy

Car clock - Tiny little buttons that usually require a pen to push as the hour or minutes change. Usually black to blend into the dash - out of sight, out of mind kind of thing. Toyota finally figured out that it is o.k. to make these buttons a little bit bigger to be pushed by a finger (Yes, a finger!). That in itself if a selling point for their newer vehicles I would think.

KTMom91

I thought about this at the 8:45 am church service that was practically empty. Usually we're about 3/4 occupied.

Andy

We had normal PK - K, no 1st - 2nd graders, normal (10) 3rd - 4th graders, only two 5th - 6th graders (I let difficult child stay home to sleep longer), and normal 7th - 12th graders. I was very surprised! I had 38 kids today.

Last week when Sunday School was scheduled one hour earlier (because we had one service that day) then the attendance was way low (27 kids where I usually have 45).

I decided to show the movie for the 3rd - 4th graders today - I can be lazy at times.

trinityroyal

Completely missed it this year. Normally I'm on top of it, but not this time.
Realized it only when we showed up on time for Little easy child's swimming lesson, an hour late.

I was wondering why there were only mom-and-tot groups, and easy child was the only "big kid" on the pool deck. Sigh...

husband bought me a fabulous little bedside clock that has a little button. DST "on" or "off". No messing around with resetting the time, just push the little button. He says it's worth the extra money so that he doesn't have to listen to the whining ;-)

Although I resent losing an hour, I LOVE the way the sunlight lasts into early evening once we spring forward.

I guess this is more meaningful the farther north you go. Winter days are so terribly short and depressing, that I love this time of year, when I get to drive to work AND home in daylight!

Trinity