Time Change

donna723

:bravo:

I love it too! I heard the reason they are changing it early but I don't remember why now. But it's fine with me! Aren't they extending daylight savings time in the Fall this year too?

I just HATE it when it gets dark so early! On the weekdays in the winter, it's dark or almost dark by the time I get home from work. Makes it seem like the day is over already and all I did was go to work! Very depressing!

Lothlorien

I am equally excited! I love Daylight Savings. I wish it was Daylight Savings all year. I absolutely hate when they switch back in the winter. I hated even more when I worked and had to leave work and it was dark. That was very depressing and I suffered with that seasonal disorder. It doesn't bother me as much, now that I work from home, but I've been getting very excited that it is staying light so much later now.

skeeter

I just wish they'd pick one and keep it all year. It drive the dogs (and hense me) nuts for a couple of weeks afterwards. And I'm glad the majority of Indiana decided to also go with it, I hated having to think "Indiana time" whenever we went there during the summer.

dreamer

LOL, grumble grumble. I am not sure which time I like best, but I get frustrated with the time change no matter if it is spring or fall becuz it makes everyone here confused and edgy. ANd pay for my job when I worked could get weird..depending on what the policy of the moment was regarding pay when you work 3rd shift somewhere during time change.

I disliked losing an hour sleep in spring, I got precious little sleep per nite as it was, but, I always thought the fall time change was timed poorly, cuz seemed to me it made it way too dark for kids trick or treating. I always thought they should wait till Halloween was over before they changed the time in the fall.

LOL.......but, thats just me. LOL

Nancy

I'm pumped too. It's 6:24 right now and still light. That means tomorrow at 7:24 it will still be light. I am in a much better mood already. Can't wait.

They say they are doing it to save electricity.

Nancy

crazymama30

I am glad this was posted, I was not sure if that went into effect tonight or when. I like it, as long as the weather gets nicer as the days get longer.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I love to "spring forward". :flower:

Although it feels strange doing this in March. I'm not really complaining. Means it's going to stay light out longer and as the weather warms my dogs have a better chance of getting walked in the evenings. :grin:

jannie

trying to survive....
I like when it gets dark early because otherwise it is very difficult to get difficult child inside from playing and off to bed. The neighborhood kids love being outside and they play and play and play..

donna723

My dogs don't take long walks so they don't pay much attention to whether it's light or dark outside. They did get very impatient with me this morning though because they thought I'd slept in and forgot to take them out! :mad: :mad: :mad:

The real PITA though was back when my kids were infants! Babies get used to their regular routine of eating and sleeping and they don't give a rats patoot about Daylight Savings Time! :cry: :cry: It would have been easier if I was at home all day but I worked full time and had to get them up and ready, off to day care, and myself off to work early in the morning! And twice a year we had to go through this "adjustment period" of about a week before they finally settled in to it. From their point of view, I was either feeding them when they weren't hungry yet or I was starving them! And I was putting them to bed when they weren't tired and getting them up before they were ready! Boy, am I glad those days are over!

:whew:

Nancy

Jannie, two years ago I was very thankful when we truned our clocks back and it got dark earlier at night. Those were the days difficult child would go up to the skate park every day and get into trouble. The park closes at dark so I was thrilled to see winter come and the darkness come earlier. I was just thinking about that the other day, that I can finally enjoy the extra hours of daylight without worrying.

Some day hopefully you will get there too.

Nancy

dreamer

Jannie and Donna- I am with you. Hard enough to get my kids and dog in, and settled for the nite when it is winter and dark.

ANyway, I don't really like either time change........it throws us off for awhile after no matter which direction we change the clocks.

hearthope

I love the time change!

The exta daylight means more of a chance to ride and the warm weather is bringing up the bulbs in the garden.

There is no greater therapy than working the horses or coaxing the bulbs in the beds to bloom.

Not to mention waking this morning to all the birds singing!

sameold sameold

I wish the time would just stay left alone. Now I will have to get up and go to work in the dark again. I am so tired at night, that whether it is light or not I will still be in bed by 8:30. Bah humbug I guess. Oh well, me, my chickens, dogs and cats will just have to deal