time to stop beating a dead horse........

Jena

hi to all

so i think i'Tourette's Syndrome high time i stop beating a dead horse. that being my job. i have struggled for almost 2 years now with difficult child's problems to get to office from where i moved to, long island. i have had numerous stressful moments, etc.

i run every morning to try and catch a train after i drop her off. she used to go to sitter's yet now shes so exhausted in the a.m. i take my time with her get to office at eleven the days i go in, it's insanity. they've switched me to hourly rate now. it takes so much to get there, expenses also sitter and train. i have to take hour and a half ride then walk 5 blocks climb 7 flights of stairs by the time i get there i'm exhausted and done pretty much.

i've held onto it for a very long time, didn't want to let go but i think the time has come. i really do. there is local teacher assistant job here in town at difficult child's school. i can also get the legal work from home going so i can bring in addtl. income. and not sweat it everyday. bad enough have stress of new family, 2 difficult child's then the commute ontop of it is just plain ridiculous.

it's letting to thats hard, very hard.

jen
p.s. thanks for letting me get that off my chest

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
Hi Jen,
I think I mentioned before I'm moving back up there in about 6 weeks and I know all too well about the nasty commutes to the city. I think the teacher asst. job sounds great and I think it will help eliminate a lot of stress for you. I would absolutely go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck!! Shoot the horse!
-dara

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Go for it Jennifer. One of the top reasons I left LI for CT to take another job was due to the commute.

And remember, by changing your job, you're making a positive choice to for YOURSELF and your family to be a calmer, less harried you! It's a positive change.

Best of luck!

crazymama30

I recently made a lot of life style choice/ living arrangement changes that made no sense to many, but I feel better. Kids are doing good, difficult child doing better after a small medication tweak. Sometimes we have to do what we know is best for us and our families, no matter what anyone else thinks.

'Chelle

I think just the decrease in stress of trying to commute to your job may be worth the change. My 20 minute drive to work is a walk in the park compared to your commute :holymoly: Less stress there will help you be better able to handle your difficult children. Good luck on your prospective changes.

Jena

i'm def. a whip kinda woman...............lol

i'm giving notice today........so so so scarey. wish me luck. teacher job isn't definite i'm going to have to harrass them......lol i'm good at that.

i'm giving mos. notice that should be enough time to clean up my estates and assist in interviewing....

wow my life is seriously transforming.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Think you have made a wise decision.......life's too short to spend that much time/stress commuting! Save the time/stress for bigger stuff..........
Also liberating once the decision is made.......wheww....have a drink for me!!!!!

Lothlorien

I don't blame you. I know what commuting is like, especially in your area. It's miserable. Add the stress of the daily goings on of difficult child life and it's a deadly match. Wishing you lots of luck, peace and much less stress! Go for it!

Jena

lol

haven't gone in yet. i'm not changing mind though. it's just well it's valentine's day......lol don't wanna drop big bomb on valentine's day. do i???

i know i'm too funny. you'd never know i'm 39 years old at times.

Jena

wanna laugh? i start running fever mid day the cough begins, before i know it i can't stop coughing i'm choking at desk. there are two bosses i told one of them yet not the big boss.

they actually asked me to leave the coughing got so bad. so pretty funny it'll hold till tuesday. better anyway give me more time nwo that i'm sick. i have to bring resume to district school with-cover letter. spoke to them in person but they want the resume.

seems like maybe bronchitis or pnuemonnia. was up all night. grose.....just sitting here choking with 2 lbs. of vicks on waiting till doctor's appointment at twelve.