Timer - Linda - Checking on You :)

LittleDudesMom

Linda it sounds as if you are getting things in order for this weekend. I hope things work out for your friend. If that doesn't work, how about one of your sisters?

In regards to the adderal, I'm sure your gp will get you a script based on your other docs orders. But that can't be called in. Hopefully husband will pick it up before his weekend away!

I would ask the same thing another poster did regarding the adderal. Have you taken it before? I think I would be a little leary taking a new medication on the weekend alone with kt (especially if that's what it turns out to be). With your multiple health concerns, I think I would be cautious adding something without support there.

You know, this is a chance for kt to step up to the plate. Given that she is able to express reality to her father, you should be able to share some reality with her. This is not an issue where her anxiety has to come into play. Let her know that dad is being a bonehead and you and she have to hold down the fort for the weekend. Woman are strong!

It's been a while since kt has gone into a disstate, hasn't it?. I would imagine that hearing you and husband arguing is what added the anxiety piece for her. Even easy child's have a very difficult time and negative reaction to hearing their parents argue, especially if it is loud and they hear themselves mentioned.

Prepare kt by billing this as a girls weekend if it ends up being the two of you. She has definately made positive strides this past year. Perhaps she will pleasantly suprise you.

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I couldn't believe what kt told her dad. Of course, husband has been telling kt whenever she talked of dating that any man that walked away wasn't worth her time. I guess it sunk in.

It's already been billed as a girl's weekend. As I said PCA is cutting her vacation weekend early & coming in Sunday morning. We're going out for a girl's lunch at Olive Garden & then clothes shopping for kt. (She's been needing a few summer tops.)

I expect kt will surprise me - we've discussed that dad needs a break. That parents get to argue & that doesn't automatically mean divorce. (husband & I have kept our arguing to a bare minimum because of the trauma the tweedles have lived through - apparently to our detriment.)

husband & I have been talking a bit this week & husband has been using a civil tone of voice which helps matters. Words are very powerful; you may be forgiven what you've said but words are seldom forgotten. I've been teaching the tweedles that for a very long time.

kt is in charge of dinner tonight - she's making an oriental chicken salad.

I've never taken adderall - I will likely skip that & keep pushing the caffeine. It's a known for me.

I can't express the appreciation for all the support you've given me this week - we will be fine this coming weekend.

TerryJ2

Linda, it sounds like you've got a good plan in place. I like the idea that kt is making Oriental chicken salad, and going clothes shopping, and that you will get help on Sunday, and especially that your husband is speaking in a normal tone of voice.
You sound much more hopeful and steady than you did when you first started this thread.
I've got my fingers crossed for the weekend.

donna723

Linda, it sounds like you've got the situation well in hand. Maybe this is the time to let KT be more in charge, let her be the caretaker. She's a very smart, very resourceful girl and you have taught her well - she's already making whole meals - that's more than a lot of girls her age are capable of doing. She may very well step up to the plate and surprise you! And doing for others sometimes brings us out of ourselves and our own fears and insecurities. Instead of being part of the "problem", let her be part of the "solution".

And I know she's not the typical kid, but sooner or later they all have to learn that adults, even parents, are not infallible and that even parents sometimes do dumb, boneheaded, selfish things that they later regret. Realizing that your parents aren't perfect and are only human just like everybody else is a very hard lesson to learn but one we all eventually have to get through. When this all blows over (and I hope and pray that it will) I hope your husband sits down and has a very serious reassuring talk with Ms. KT. Please keep us updated on how your weekend is going. I will be thinking of you all ...

jannie

trying to survive....
Linda--I'm chiming in late...but sending you big hugs--It sounds like you and KT have a plan...oriental chicken sounds yummy !! I'm sorry husband is being this way..but it may be a quiet weekend is what he needs to refresh again...A friend of mine just told me that when her husband left for the weekend due to frequent fighting, it was the calmest weekend with the kids in a while...so maybe somehow a quiet weekend will work well...you are an amzingly strong women !!

4sumrzn

I'm guessing your dinner will be wonderful :) And, hoping your weekend goes very smoothly for you & you are pleasantly surprised :)