Today could be the day....

Mom2oddson

that we finally put an end to this record of the longest time to reach 75 degrees.

The last time we were at 75 degrees was sometime in September 2009! The old record was June 9th. It is time to break this cold snap!

Sunday, the scientists who measure the amount of light we have, said that it was the darkest day since early February.

I'm so sick of cold and rain. My garden is a waste. My herbs and spinach starts went to seed. My lettuce isn't growing, it's rotting off at the base. Everything else is the same size it was when I planted in on Mother's Day.

Somebody send me some warm sunshine - please.....

muttmeister

I'd be glad to send you our weather. Yesterday was above 90 and the humidity was around 85%, making it feel like over 100. Of course, we've had rain almost every day for a month but today is sunny and dry. No storms predicted tonight; there was a tornado one town over on Sunday. I watched it out my upstairs window. It sounds like weather is crazy everywhere right now but we are definitely getting the heat. Wish I could send some your way.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Sorry, we've been getting a lot of rain up here and we're keeping it. (drought for last three years). If you want some t=storms or stinking hot weather; I'll be happy to send that as they come in.

You can send us the "cold weather" you are having. Locals up here consider that to be nice summer temps.

M

Mamaof5

you don't want my weather...

1 Thunderstorm with 10+ MMs of rain
1 5.5 Earthquake after said thunderstorm that hit two provinces but was felt in 4 provinces (From Montreal to Elliot Lake and even Sask said they felt it then right down to Chicago too).
= Priceless day of WTF did you see that or feel that from 20+ families living in the complex with me and me missing the whole earthquake all together...

Lothlorien

We had weather similar to yours last year. Our garden didn't yield much either. Now, we are in the 90's. I hope you get some decent SUMMER weather soon.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Trade ya.

90+ yesterday with 90% humidity and at noon the AC at work conked out. Now I am OK with heat and sweating, but with NO BREEZE... Yeah. You can have it.

And then that earthquake mentioned - that was felt by a lot of people south of us but not here... What, wrong tectonic plate??? A few years back we supposedly felt one from Mexico, too. At least Canada is semi-believeable.

susiestar

Roll With It
Maybe if we could average your weather with ours we would both have decent weather. We are having a record breaking hot summer. It reached 100 degrees earlier than ever recorded by several weeks. Of course my a/c went out then so we spent 10 days with no a/c - THANK GOD for fans! We have had rain and tons of humidity, but it has not been at all cool except the day that we had 24 hours of storms and power outages all over the state.

I will try not to send any tornados. None have hit my part of the state but they have hit other areas.

Sorry your plants will not grow. Have you tried container gardening with clear plastic around them to help keep them warm and letting in the light? Or growing things inside with UV lights? My mom has a plant next to where she keeps her full spectrum craft light and it has grown like crazy all year round.

Full spectrum lights also keep you from getting the cold dreary weather blahs. You don't have to do the expensive sun lights. You can get the full spectrum OTT or Daylight lamps or even get the bulbs and put them in regular lamps. The bulbs are not cheap but they do work. Check craft and hobby stores, sewing stores, specialty cross stitch stores, office supply stores like Staples, and home improvement stores for the bulbs and the lamps. I know our Hobby Lobby (like Michaels) sells bulbs that go in regular lamps as well as the specialty lights.

M

Mamaof5

Too late on the tornado issue, that night that we had the t-storm and earthquake a small little town outside of us got hit by a major tornado. What the heck is going on with our weather lately? Raining again today too (off and on) and we're getting those funnel looking clouds too. It's been since the early 80's that we had a tornado come close to us and now we're looking at maybe several this year coming very dang close to us and possibly hitting us. We're in a valley surrounded by mountains too.

Sheesh, I wonder if that BiPolar (BP) oil spill has anything to do with all this sudden nasty weather. I mean that has to change not only chemistry of the ocean but viscosity and temperatures and currents...I know global warming has a lot of pull with the bad weather we've seen in the last few years but I bet that oil spill has spun a doozy on our environment more than we realize it.