TOMORROW my husband will finally be starting his job hunt...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
He has a couple of appointments with the job-search agency that his ex-company is providing to help with updating his resume, going over interview skills, figuring out where to start looking, etc.

Although it's been very nice having him around the past two months, I really want him to get back into that "professional" mode now and start the hunt in earnest. I don't think he realizes how long it can take someone with his level of experience to find something suitable. We already plan on him having to take a sizeable pay cut -- I just hope it's not more than 30% less.

One day at a time, right?

Please hold some good thoughts for us!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
He is in IT management. He started out years ago as a programmer. Then programmer/analyst, and so on. He's worked in the financial industry (credit unions and then mutual fund company) for about 25 years.

tiredmommy

My husband also works in IT within the financial industry. Cheesecake Factory is looking for a manager of e-commerce in LA (don't ask me how I know this, lol!)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks, TM. I'll let him kow. He's planning on using Monster and some other websites to post his resume. Plus he's got a couple of headhunters who have been sending info his way. And he's already connected to a host of people on LinkedIn. Hopefully something will work out that suits his career needs and our financial ones!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Try looking at things that are kind of outside the box too. My husband recently got his bachelors in business/HR and was told that he would be qualified to either be a substitue teacher or teach business at high schools. It wasn't something he considered originally but it IS an option.

Good luck!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think he could get ANY job he wanted - WE ARE SENDING POSITIVE VIBES FROM SC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Fingers crossed and sending lots of good vibes that he finds a terrific new job!

Hugs,
Suz

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Sounds like it was a good day at the job search firm today. There were a couple of people from his company, a few from Cisco, a few others from here and there.

They said it's averaging 3 to 4 months of active searching for most in his position. We'll see... It's been nice having him home, but it will be nice to see him focused on something besides TV, fishing and naps again! :p

He's kind of panicking a little tonight because this afternoon he had to take difficult child 1 to pick up his new glasses, then take him to lacrosse practice, then go to a coach's meeting for easy child's soccer team, and now he's realizing just how busy August is going to be with soccer practices for 3 kids, each two days a week, and not necessarily the same two days, plus difficult child 1's lacrosse practice 4 days a week, and then before we know it school starts again.

I can just see his head starting to spin out of control -- I shouldn't laugh, but it's funny. I told him to just try to focus on one day at a time. This isn't any different than any other year... maybe it's his newfound awareness thanks to the mood stabilizer. I think before he just was so self-absorbed he never noticed how busy things really get. I think he's worried about how we're going to juggle all these schedules while he's job hunting. It was never a problem for me before, so maybe that's why I'm looking at him like he's a little nuts (well, okay, so he is).

mstang67chic

Going Green
I don't mean to laugh either but isn't it amazing when the one parent who doesn't normally do this stuff just gets slack jawed at the thought? You just feel like looking at them like "What do you think I do all the time you doofus!" :slap: