Tot-Monster B update

trinityroyal

Tot-Monster B is being such a trouper! I am very proud of my brave baby boy. They've really put him through the ringer.

We're here at the hospital (thank you husband for setting me up with a laptop and internet connection). They did the surgery on Baby B's thumb yesterday, and then spent the rest of the day trying to get an IV line into him so that they could give him a course of strong antibiotics.

My poor little pincushion now has bruises, needle marks and bandages all over him from their unsuccessful attempts. They gave him antibiotics via intra-muscular injections through the night, and this morning, we get to try again with the IV line.

Rattling beads that they can find a good vein today, and that they're not all too bruised from yesterday.

Trinity

trinityroyal

We have a vein!

It took lots of kicking and screaming, and three nurses plus me to hold Baby B down, but the talented and very patient nurses here managed to get 'er done.

Baby B is getting his first proper dose of IV medications, and having a little nap now. He looks so angelic in his stripey hospital jammas.

The next step is a saline soak for the injured thumb and a new dressing. NOT looking forward to that at all.

Thanks for the good wishes and prayers. Board magic is amazing.