Transferring "Struggling" post to this board...

ksm

Yesterday I went for the family meeting, she is still trying to manipulate me and staff. Announces that she won't get better until they let her leave that place. That it is too depressing, she has to go home.

I truly thought she would figure out that she should play their game... Say the right things. Nope. KSM

InsaneCdn

I truly thought she would figure out that she should play their game... Say the right things. Nope.
This is actually a good thing. She isn't able to pull the wool over their eyes. She's running out of games to play. She doesn't like it - good, it might give her a reason to change.

Its really hard with teenagers with pretty much ANY chronic disease. They want to be "like everybody else". They don't WANT medications and doctors and being different. They don't want anyone else to "help" them either - including monitoring. Maybe the doctors will have some ideas?

ksm

We picked up dtr last night, and so far, things have gone well. She even worked on some homework I had picked up at the school. I need to drop off the new Rx for Depakote... Crossing my fingers that school goes ok.

She has one teacher that doesn't seem very accommodating or compassionate. I know Difficult Child can be difficult, but I think the teacher crossed a line at teacher conferences. The next school day a friend in her class told her that the teacher told her parents that their child was doing well in class, but shouldn't be friends with my child. I don't know if it is true, but this I believe. Difficult Child can get quite angry when talking about this teacher, but this time, she was just a hurt little girl... But she didn't want me to get involved, as she only had a few more weeks til the end of the trimester. She also said Difficult Child could hand in old work, and I sat with her and helped look up info on line. She did several assignments, and tells me she turned them in, but no grades has appeared on the website that I can log onto to check grades.

I am calling the school counselor this afternoon, she is at a seminar this morning. KSM

New Leaf

Went to her room last night to clean it up, do laundry, select clothes to take to facility. I found her "note". It says: 9 trazadone should do the trick, I will leave so you don't have to". I think it is meant towards husband when he told her that all the drama and stress was killing him and he couldn't keep staying here around it.
Oh that is hard ksm. Do you need to take the note to the Doctors?

I am sure that the clothes I pick out for her (with help from her little sis) won't be what she wants. She wanted joggers, but they all have drawstrings. I don't think leggings are allowed.
It is so awfully hard when efforts are not appreciated. This makes what you do for her even more loving and kind.

Many times if I suggest something, clothes, activities, food, she will automatically say no. It is awful, I am the parent, but she refuses to be parented. KSM
I am amazed at your strength and patience ksm. You walk a very hard path. I hope and pray that you all are able to find the combination of medications that will help your daughter. All of this must be exhausting, yet you have hung in there, and shown her and little sis how much you love them.
I hope you are able to get some time for yourself, to rest, to relax. It is so important in a stressful situation.Do take care!
(((HUGS)))
leafy

InsaneCdn

She also said Difficult Child could hand in old work, and I sat with her and helped look up info on line. She did several assignments, and tells me she turned them in, but no grades has appeared on the website that I can log onto to check grades.

I am calling the school counselor this afternoon, she is at a seminar this morning
Keep up the fight, warrior mom. Yes, some teachers are... worse than our difficult kids.

ksm

We kept our original appointment with the psychologist the girls had started seeing a couple months ago. She has given me a number for a state university program for more involved psychological testing. I thought the price might be too out of reach, because they don't take insurance, but it is just $75. This is where she got her degree, and she said they are very thorough.

She thinks there are some serious issues... Finally. Someone has a glimpse of what we have been dealing with.

KSM

InsaneCdn

She thinks there are some serious issues... Finally. Someone has a glimpse of what we have been dealing with.
It's always such a relief when a professional actually agrees that there are serious issues - we aren't just blowing it out of proportion or imagining things.

ksm

Did any good come from her stay in the hospital?

Read more: http://www.conductdisorders.com/com...post-to-this-board.61274/page-2#ixzz3qeYCoO8c

The most good is that the psychologist we had just started seeing is making a referral for the comprehensive psychiatric exam.

And hopefully Difficult Child will never try to take too many pills as she hated having an IV or drinking charcoal. And she hated being an inpatient, even though it was a small facility and seemed much newer and nicer than other places I have heard about in our state.

This morning she got upset with little sis when she found one item of make up in her room. LS did not use it, but thought she might use the eyeliner on Halloween night to make a "costume". But with Difficult Child overdose she ended up staying with biodad out in the country. So LS tells Difficult Child she can no longer use her hair straightener. Difficult Child yells she wants to punch her in the throat. And she is going to lock all her stuff up so there!

Most the time I take Difficult Child to school early, then come back for LS, it makes for a calmer start to our day. Isn't it sad that I consider today's level of attitude ordinary and not extreme? You get used to it in a way. I guess I am used to being hyper vigilant... KSM