Update!! - Defiant Son

Nate

We started the Concerta on Sunday. Wow what a change!! It has slowed him down enough, that he is thinking about what he is saying and doing, before he does it. Last night, he brought his school papers in to me, I didn't have to go looking for them and then fight with him to see them. I found my son again!

K

Kjs

Nate, how wonderful. We weren't so lucky with medication. We had tried several before we found one that worked, and it certainly didn't work that fast. Glad you found something to help and to help him. He sure couldn't of been feeling good himself. Hope things continue to go great.

Steely

Awesome! :grin:
It is so wonderful when we can actually see the child we were born with again due to their brain chemicals being back in order. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

wakeupcall

How TERRIFIC!!!! Don't you love looking into those little eyes and don't you want to say......where have you been?

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hi Nate, Ritalin was a godsend when difficult child first took it. It really worked wonders for a few years. It slowed him down enough to learn.

Hope things continue to go in a positive direction.

nvts

That's great news Nate! You sounded so sad in your initial post - how great it is to see a proud Dad! Congrats to you and the whole family!

Beth

TerryJ2

Yay! We were lucky, too, with-Adderal, which is similar to Concerta.
It was truly amazing. It still is. If we lose one day, it's no big deal. Two days ... I don't even want to think about it.

The great part is that we're doing counseling and behavior modification, so difficult child isn't a total maniac when he's not on his medications ... some of the new behaviors are actually sticking! Yay!

I wish you continued success.