update on me

Steely

As I posted yesterday, I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown yesterday. I could not stop crying and hyperventilating from the time I sent difficult child on the plane until the ranch called and said he was safe. There were/are so many reasons why, besides the obvious. None the less, I went to 2 docs yesterday who refused me medications, and then I almost went to the ER.

Today, however, I got in touch with difficult children DR who suggested her colleague as a Dr. for me. Surprisingly, he had a cancellation today and I was able to see him - miraculous.
I loved him. He was not patronizing, or condescending, but rather genuine and seemed to really care. He XR some Xanax for my anxiety attacks that have been killing me for months, and increased my Lexapro. I was so thankful to have some relief from the anxiety I almost hugged him. Really, the trauma I have endured this last year, has been doing such a number on me - I would rather have someone cut off my toes, than endure this mental anguish. Why can't doctors understand this? I can only hope this new Dr can. And that he will help me get things under control medically, and that I will be able to trust him.

AND, for cyring out loud..............if only I could get my pup Chester to stop sitting by the front door barking for difficult child to come home.........poor thing.
It could be time for some puppy prozac.

Thanks for all you cyber support.
Hugs to all of you.
Steely

witzend

I'm so glad that you wrote, and that you have found someone who is listening to your needs. It's time to take care of yourself now. Life is good, and you deserve to see that again.

{{{{{{{{Big hugs}}}}}}}}}}

Andy

So this camp for Matt is also going to help you get the updated medications you need. (I know not the camp itself but the events leading up to getting Matt there) What a terrible year you have been through. It is good that both you and Matt are in a safe place. Let's hope Matt learns the lessons you sent him to learn.

To get into the dr this very day! WOW - things really are coming together for you.

It is good to hear things are going your way for once.

Stay strong! Take great care of yourself! Keep us posted!

I have a good feeling that fantastic days are coming your way.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
SO glad you are getting some help for you, too! Sounds like being able to talk to the camp staff AND finally being able to talk to someone who understands what you're going through has to be a HUGE relief for your worries.

You are one tough cookie! Hang in there -- I think you are doing a great job for M and for you.

susiestar

Roll With It
wow. What a year you have had. I am so sorry you have had to endure all the trauma, though the camp/Residential Treatment Center (RTC) may be exactly what your difficult child needs to get on track and succeed in life. (I will pray for that)

I HATE when docs decide you don't need help. It is hard enough to go ask for help (at least for me), then to be told no, it is enough to drive anyone mad.

I am glad difficult child's old doctor was able to refer you to someone who will help. Getting in on the same day is just miraculous, in my opinion. Thank heavens you were able to get the medications - you really needed the help.

I am sorry about Chester. They DO give prozac to animals and it can be very helpful. Someone posted a link about human medications for pets - it seemed like a useful thing so I bookmarked it. Here is the link: https://web.archive.org/web/20080313164614/http://www.diamondpaws.com/health/drugs.htm

I don't think it says anything about puppy prozac, but it might have a link that would be helpful to find out how to help Chester.

Don't be too hard on yourself right now. You need to take time to heal and recharge. I strongly recommend Tension Tamer tea (Celestial Seasonings) or Tazo's Calm tea. Both are soothing and can help when you are very anxious.

Many hugs,

Susie

TerryJ2

Oh, Steely, that is the most wonderful news I've heard in a long time! Brilliant idea to get a referral from difficult child's dr.
You DO sound better. I can hear it in your note. :)

OpenWindow

It's amazing what a difference a day can make. You sound so much better and it was indeed a miracle you got to see the dr that day, and he listened to you.

Keep taking care of yourself.

Linda

mstang67chic

Going Green
So glad you seem to be doing better. I haven't posted but I was worried. Sounds like this doctor is taking things seriously and listening. That's half the battle anymore so I hope it works out for you!

Hugs for you and Chester.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Chiming in late but you SOUND so much BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad for you Steely! You deserve some peace.

If you PM me about Chester's behaviors I may be able to help you with some ideas.

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
sorry I am reading this a bit late, but that is AWESOME news!!!!

I am so happy you're ok!!!

<<<HUGS>>>

Sweetie, I have been either very busy or very sick lately, and have not checked in much.

Know that I am thinking of you and that you are in my prayers, as is your son.

meowbunny

I'm so glad you found someone. Here's hoping he can help you put the year in perspective and help you see there is a future and it can be a good one.

(((((STEELY)))))