Update on Son

Ascending

The new job is going well.

It is very structured, and very physical. 8 hours (or more if overtime) of physically demanding labor, mostly outdoors. which seems helpful at this stage.

He looks happy going off to work even having to get up for graveyard shift !

He did not get enough sleep last night, but I am hoping that tonight more tiredness tonight will help that.

He discovered a classmate from school there, now ahead of him in the job hierarchy. They weren’t friends especially in school but seem to be becoming so on the job. A good thing in my opinion since the other young man would have been a much better influence than the kids my Son tended to gravitate toward up to this point.

It seems to be helping to add some genuine self respect and far better behavior to get up and go do a man’s job amongst men.

I am continuing to pray.

Last edited:

Blighty

It made me feel happy to hear your news about your son's progress. It sounds like a beneficial experience for him.

Nandina

Ascending, it sounds like the boundaries you set up have been successful and I’m so glad to hear your son is complying. He was ready for a change, apparently and that’s definitely a good thing, especially at his young age.

Stay strong and don’t let him fall back into old patterns of disrespect and manipulation. Keep us posted on his progress. It’s heart-warming to hear your story and I look forward to hearing more. It gives us all hope. Many more blessings to you.

Ascending

Ascending, it sounds like the boundaries you set up have been successful and I’m so glad to hear your son is complying. He was ready for a change, apparently and that’s definitely a good thing, especially at his young age.

Stay strong and don’t let him fall back into old patterns of disrespect and manipulation. Keep us posted on his progress. It’s heart-warming to hear your story and I look forward to hearing more. It gives us all hope. Many more blessings to you.

It is very easy to fall back! That’s for sure!