Update on us (can I sleep when I'm dead?)

muttmeister

Haven't been around here much lately. I do come and read what you're all up to but I haven't had much time to post.

My granddaughter is living with me now; she does all-day kindergarten so that helps. I am still subbing at school. difficult child 1 is getting married this coming Friday and the reception is Saturday. I ALMOST have the wedding quilt done (it is more like a wall hanging; lots of hand work sewing on beads etc. It has 32 hearts for people to sign at the wedding). I'm also making the wedding cake.

Last week my aunt and cousin from NY were here to celebrate my mother's 96th birthday. I drove 3 hours to pick them up on Monday at the airport; entertained them Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and took them back to the airport on Friday. I will have company from KC and OK this weekend for the wedding. I hope to go out (where the wedding is) on Thursday to help prepare food and decorate and then the wedding is Friday. The old people (me) will return here Saturday night late as the company plans to go home on Sunday.

I am teaching the next Tuesday and Wednesday and have to get new decorations put up at the church before the next Sunday (one of my ongoing jobs also). Also we have book club and parent teacher conferences during that time.

I'm really not complaining. I like to be busy but right now my idea of heaven is having a day to plant my behind on the couch and not move. Just thought I'd apologize for not being more helpful to you all right now but, hopefully, things will slow down eventually and I can come back here and do my part.

busywend

I know that feeling - so busy you are numb. I had hoped for a do nothing day on Saturday - but nope - had to clean!

Good luck this weekend! I hope it is lovely and enjoyable for you!

TerryJ2

Congrats, difficult child!!
And congrats to you, for all of your hard work. It will be beautiful--cake, quilt and all.
I know you can't wait to fall into bed midnight Sat. .