Update

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Copa, the stance was repeatedly reciting my policy coverages chapter and verse, and that I had not chosen the mitigation company to be used, nor the techniques/equipment used to mitigate/repair the damages.

The insurance company had made all those choices and I had no choice in them. Much like buying a car and many other customer service issues, it was a case of digging my heels in and (politely) refusing to budge.

Copabanana

Copa, the stance was repeatedly reciting my policy coverages chapter and verse, and that I had not chosen the mitigation company to be used, nor the techniques/equipment used to mitigate/repair the damages.

The insurance company had made all those choices and I had no choice in them. Much like buying a car and many other customer service issues, it was a case of digging my heels in and (politely) refusing to budge.

So brilliant. How do you get the courage and the patience?

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
So brilliant. How do you get the courage and the patience?
It's not so much a matter of brilliance as it is a matter of 20+ years of experience in technical management where I spent many, many hours on the phone with customers and clients that had issues that my team couldn't handle. Many of those individuals/companies, had issues/wants that we simply could not oblige/fix.