We Need to Talk about Kevin

lmf64

Has anyone else read this? I was watching Charlie Rose a couple of weeks ago when he was interviewing Tilda Newsome (sp) about the new movie she was in that was being released. I was fascinated by the scenes I saw and decided since my uptight southern MN town won't get the movie (I"m sure) I had to read the book. It is a great read. It really makes ya think.

klmno

The movie is already out and I think on DVD already. I read the description of the movie a few weeks ago and it sounded good but I wouldn't be able to watch it. It would be too hard for me to deal with.

klmno

No, I don't think so. But it's about a major difficult child kid who ends up committing a horrid crime.

Wiped Out

Staff member
husband and I both read this and thought it was a great (very intense) read. We want to see the movie but it hasn't come out here but eventually we will see it. It is fiction.

ctmom05

Our son is actually named Kevin and was recently tried for serious crimes; he got 25 years, suspended after 15 - in my own way, I wish the main character of this story had a different name

lmf64

I wasn't sure if I should read this, when I first got it. I was and still am unsure of where my difficult child is going to end up in the long run, but after reading it I have spent a lot of time thinking about him and his life so far. Sure he hasn't had his dad in his life and he has an alphabet soup diagnosis, but overall he's a kind, loving, generous young man who when he gets worked up has learned to walk away (unless he's mad at me then he has to be in my face lol) If nothing this book gives me a chance to say, hey he's not that bad.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Our son is actually named Kevin and was recently tried for serious crimes; he got 25 years, suspended after 15 - in my own way, I wish the main character of this story had a different name

{{{Chris}}}

I often will pass on a book, fiction or not, if it hits too close to home for me or if it's emotionally disturbing to me. An example would be that book, "A Child Called It" ... difficult child read it and raved about it, begged me to read it, but I just cannot. When i was younger I was able to stomach it, but not anymore.

tiredmommy

It took me a few years but I'm going to attempt another book by Jeannette Walls. I found The Glass Castle very uncomfortable to read, but I just picked up a copy of Half Broke Horses. Wish me luck.