We only had three days left to go.......

keista

Ah, yeah, so, DD1 is home. I had to pick her up from school this morning - another major meltdown. This time, she gets a one day suspension tomorrow - the fun pizza party day. She's welcome back for the last day of school Friday.

Yeah, I think next year, we're going to blow off the entire last week of school.

buddy

Quin has awful days when parties at school are coming up....I always warned people that if they say he wont be able to go if he doesn't behave, hewill miss every single activity. I agree, sometimes it is just not worth it. They should be more understanding, but oh well. I know one teacher that shelters her kids from all school party talk (it is a segregated class of very very delayed kids) and she just keeps the routine till the end.

Poor girl, go have your own pizza party. It is the finals on Idol tonight...does she like that? Q wants to h ave an idol party with his nana (he doesn't even watch, anything for a "party")

ksm

Ah, yeah, so, DD1 is home. I had to pick her up from school this morning - another major meltdown. This time, she gets a one day suspension tomorrow - the fun pizza party day. She's welcome back for the last day of school Friday.Yeah, I think next year, we're going to blow off the entire last week of school.

And my 8th grader is missing out on the "Fun Day". I guess the majority of the students who completed their "portfolio" will get to participate. Mine was short one paper. Gee. To make up for it - I took her a goody bag of treats and pop to share with the others who are confined to class instead of going to the auditorium for treats. I hate school this week. KSM

and friday mine will be stuck in a regular school day while the majority of the student body has a fun picnic day, all because she did not participate in some kind of after school activity....not even for lack of trying (she tried for two things, didnt make one, one they had such an overwhelming response they only let a handful of older kids do it...nothing like offering a "club" that is so exclusive it excludes virtually everyone).....

who in the sam hill ever heard of mandatory after school requirements????????????????

i too am debating on letting her stay home...*SHE* tried.

my heart sunk for keista's daughter when i saw this thread though...what would the ramifications be if she ended her year today?

keista

((((HUGS)))) Confuzzuled I say keep her home if she wants to stay home. That's ludicrous - mandatory after school stuff!

Friday will be up to her, but if she goes I'm gonna plan on getting her before lunch - maybe take her out somewhere.

She was afraid that I was gonna be grounding her. LOL I told her that I thought being suspended was punishment enough. :) Unfortunately the administration doesn't quite realize it's more a punishment for ME than her. Whatever. On top of it all, it's short days anyway.

buddy

Wait, they KNEW a meltdown was coming and she got a one-day suspension ANYWAY? UGH.

When the same pattern happens over and over and/or it is predictable?? Yeah, the staff needs to be suspended, put in time out, kept from lunch or whatever.... makes me crazy. I said that to administrators over and over.

C

Confused

Aww, Im sorry. Its hard especially when they knew the meltdown was coming and it being the last week of school. Hopefully next year will be better for her.

keista

Wait, they KNEW a meltdown was coming and she got a one-day suspension ANYWAY? UGH.
They weren't really expecting it. I was, they weren't. But yeah, suspension is how they deal with most behavior issues. I'm not fretting about it because it's not really affecting her anymore, this year. However, I do have to address it again next year. Mostly because I still have no clue what the school's guidelines are for "good behavior". I think that's because they don't have any. Their behavior grading is completely arbitrary, but bad behavior keeps kids off the honor roll. So, yeah. Gotta figure out how to "protect" her in that capacity.

DammitJanet

I think they should tell everyone school ends a week later than it really does so that all the kids think they have a week more and wont be acting out the real last week of school!

JJJ

When the kids were younger, they often missed the last few days of school -- just so not worth it.