jugey

It has become completely clear that the cocktail of medication is no longer working. I'm not sure why this happened but the last 5 to 6 weeks have been just awful! difficult child is very irritable, nasty and explosive and we've had several violent and destructive episodes. We had to call the police 3 weeks ago - I knew that one was coming! They came and talked to all of us and recommended we go to emerg, which we did. We waited 4 hours to see a resident, who really had little to offer. difficult child was calm and tired by that time, so we were sent on our way. I thought perhaps this event might have some impact but it really didn't. Since then we have had to call a crisis line once, but should have called 4 or 5 other times. She's just completely impossible right now. So here we go again.....I have no idea what to expect and have to admit, I'm feeling a lot of anxiety about this! husband and I are maxed out and I can't imagine what will happen in our home, if she gets worse, as the medications are weaned. We are going to see the psychiatrist tomorrow and I plan to ask it an admission to hospital is possible, should we run into a situation we can't handle. Always looking for a magic pill, but coming to realize, there just isn't going to be one!!

jugey

We saw the psychiatric doctor on Monday and she supports the decision to wean all the medications. I asked her thoughts on what we're dealing with and she said she fits borderline traits. This wasn't a big surprise. I have been aware of this fit for several years, but hearing her say it, was crushing. I spent most of yesterday in tears. We're down to 4 mgs of abilify and the Prozac and Adderall have been discontinued. So far, so good. My biggest worry is whether she will sleep when the abilify is discontinued. This used to be a big problem. Thanks for listening.

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

layne

Is putting her into one of those boarding schools possible? I really would have done that a LONG time ago had I had the money. I find several in the U.S. and they do not cost as much as I thought, but it still more than I can afford. If I owned a home, I would have taken out 2 or 3 mortgages to put her in there, I would have done anything to save her from herself and grant me peace. When I think of it, I get really angry that I could not afford those places, it would have saved me, it really would have.

layne

Here is a link. The first 9 boarding schools are under $15,000 a year. They do have payment plans, you can also apply for student loans. Most children are there because they are misbehaving and have problems so the schools know what to expect. God I wish I had the money to do something like this. If I was still working, I could have afforded these as payment plans. I would live in a box just to be able to afford a boarding school. Can't put a price tag on PEACE. Anyway here's the link:

It seems that I can't post the link. Inbox me if you're interested and I will somehow get it to you