Week started rough but has improved

weenie1

crazy mom
One tuesday my explorer got repoed, our only ride. I went off on husband, refused to take my medications. Still don't have a ride but did find a 4 bdrm house in the country, maybe wont get CPS called with them being not near any one. It is a good deal to. I am so glad to be getting out of this stupid camper.

If u want rough trying living in a 18 ft camper with 3 kids and 2 being difficult children. I have thought of ways to kill them but decided not too. It aint worth it.:tongue: LOL.

No but it has been hard. difficult child 1 is being the biggest cry baby I have ever seen. I am hoping that once we get into a house he will get better. Or maybe he is just pmsing. He does that once a month.

I am going to look at a car on sat. I hope it pans out.

difficult child 2 is starting to get a smart mouth on her. she will be nine a week from sat. I am dreading teen years. I swear she could be my sister's daughter.
I just wanted to give u an update.

Andy

I am so sorry things are so hard for you and the kids. You all are dealing with so much. Many times when our kids get nasty like whining and bad language, they are themselves hurting inside. Remember how you felt when you refused your medications? The kids sometimes feel like that too. They feel overwhelmed and a need to strike out.

Do you ever have family game nights? Maybe once a week bring out the games and just play as a family. It will connect you on a positive level with the kids.

Have a family meeting and go over how things have been this past year - the good and the bad. Laugh over the good and work as a team to come up with how to make the bad turn around. Tell them the good things you see in them. Let them know what you are proud of. We have a habit sometimes of only letting the kids know what we are not happy about. They don't always pick up that if you don't comment then it was probably o.k.

Let your kids know that you do know what they feel like. "I know you are frustrated. I would be too. However, you do need to get this homework done. Let's set up a space and make sure you have sharp pencils." ect.

I hope your car situation gets resolved ASAP and you enjoy your new home.

LittleDudesMom

I hope you are able to get that house in the country and find transportation. Times are tough for you right now. So many are struggling with job cutbacks, layoffs, mortgage payments, car payments, etc.

It makes being the head of a family an even tougher job when you wonder if you can provide health, shelter and food for your kids.

Hang in there. It's understandable that everyone is on edge right now. Be kind to each other.

Sharon

weenie1

crazy mom
Well we got the house and moved in on sat. I was real busy had both difficult child's b-day parties that day. I also got a car, and husband found some work it is just temp but hey it's money coming in.

Yesterday morning was rough, difficult child 1 called husband a fat b*(^%$d and I thought he was going to kill him. Other than that things are going good, I am just hoping that it stays good.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am glad you got a house and another car. It certainly is hard enough raising difficult children with-o being in a very small camper. Have you considered applying for SSI for your kids? You do it through the Social Security office and it can give you some $$ every month. With the kids' eye problems and other problems you might qualify.

weenie1

crazy mom
They are both on SSI but the cost of living is high. We are lucking to have found this house. It is only $450 including water, all the other houses we looked at were $650 and up and they were not in good shape.
The car we got for $100 and had to put a radiator on it.