What are you doing today?

AppleCori

Havent had this type of thread in a long time, so thought I would start one.....

What’s going on today? Chores, yardwork, or maybe fun stuff?

What’s for dinner?

Any fun plans for Father’s Day?

BusynMember

Just got back from a shoe store for specialized but nice looking running shoes. Now going back to the new house to do things in there. It is 90 plus degrees outside so no sitting on the deck. Working indoors. We have air there.

Father's Day at Jumpers new house with Sonic.

I mean...it is HOT!!!

Dinner hahahaha! Maybe we will grab it at a restaurant. We can't stop working at the new house and the appliances come next week. No stove yet

You? Hope it's great for you!

Last edited:

Pink Elephant

We tend to not get too overly wrapped-up with the likes of Mother's or Father's Day, aside form maybe a supper or special dessert, which I always make.

Today was a quiet and relaxing day for me, and I needed it. I watched a little television this morning, did a little reading, and cooked, and really, I'm in heaven whenever my days unfold like today.

It's hot once again which has a way of zapping me out of my energy, so it will be an early night into bed tonight, and boy am I ever looking forward to it.

We are and have always been home-bodies, so just enjoying our home and surroundings makes us happiest.

BusynMember

Pink I'm a homebody too. We do celebrate though. We just went to my daughter's house and both of our kids plus my future son to be and granddog were with us. I like that best! Just family. The kids do like to be with us on special days. Going out? It's not our thing. My daughter did grill steak for her dad. She adores her dad. They have the coolest relationship.

It was steaming here today (95 plus humidity) but the air conditioning is nice and I am really not tired. Hub and I are still chatting...lol!! We always end up chatting at night :)

KTMom91

Mom and I are visiting Miss KT in Oregon for a long weekend. Today we had pedicures and a nice lunch. Tomorrow we head home.

AppleCori

Well, I got up this morning early because my daughter has a seven am online class starting today. The computer was doing updates last night when we went to bed, and I got up to check, only to realize it hadn’t progressed. It took forty-five minutes this morning to complete. Luckily, she got to the class on time.

My step-son told us what time he would be home from work on Father’s Day, so we waited our cookout till he got home. Then he went out fishing without even a word before the meal was even started. Hubby pretended he wasn’t hurt, but he was...

Pink Elephant

Pink I'm a homebody too. We do celebrate though. We just went to my daughter's house and both of our kids plus my future son to be and granddog were with us. I like that best! Just family. The kids do like to be with us on special days. Going out? It's not our thing. My daughter did grill steak for her dad. She adores her dad. They have the coolest relationship.

It was steaming here today (95 plus humidity) but the air conditioning is nice and I am really not tired. Hub and I are still chatting...lol!! We always end up chatting at night :)
So sweet to know your daughter has a close relationship with her dad. Funny how (typically), boys gravitate towards their moms, whereas girls gravitate towards their dads. :)

Pink Elephant

Well, I got up this morning early because my daughter has a seven am online class starting today. The computer was doing updates last night when we went to bed, and I got up to check, only to realize it hadn’t progressed. It took forty-five minutes this morning to complete. Luckily, she got to the class on time.

My step-son told us what time he would be home from work on Father’s Day, so we waited our cookout till he got home. Then he went out fishing without even a word before the meal was even started. Hubby pretended he wasn’t hurt, but he was...
What a shame. You know, Apple, some people never do grow up and mature. Not saying such is the case with your son, but I know people I graduated high school with some 40 years ago, and they're still the same, they never came around and snapped out of their kid-hood. Hope that's not the case with your son.

AppleCori

What a shame. You know, Apple, some people never do grow up and mature. Not saying such is the case with your son, but I know people I graduated high school with some 40 years ago, and they're still the same, they never came around and snapped out of their kid-hood. Hope that's not the case with your son.

I am not sure if he will grow out of it or not. I don’t think he understands that his dad was disappointed. I don’t think he did it on purpose to hurt his dad, he probably got a call from a friend and it was something he would rather do, so he did it.

Pink Elephant

I am not sure if he will grow out of it or not. I don’t think he understands that his dad was disappointed. I don’t think he did it on purpose to hurt his dad, he probably got a call from a friend and it was something he would rather do, so he did it.
So part and parcel with growing up and getting out of that circle where so many keep going round and round in. I was always head and shoulders above my friends and counterparts as far as maturity went, so was always aware of what was right and what was wrong, so it's easy for me to sit here right now and be somewhat judgemental, but a side of me does realize that there are many out there, even older crowd people that just don't understand the jest of things.

I know when I was younger, mom and dad were FOREVER drumming things into our heads... things like, "you can't do that". or, "that's not right", or, "that just isn't the way you deal with such". I honestly feel that their pressing and pointed nature helped direct me towards a proper path. I did the same with my own children.

AppleCori

So part and parcel with growing up and getting out of that circle where so many keep going round and round in. I was always head and shoulders above my friends and counterparts as far as maturity went, so was always aware of what was right and what was wrong, so it's easy for me to sit here right now and be somewhat judgemental, but a side of me does realize that there are many out there, even older crowd people that just don't understand the jest of things.

I know when I was younger, mom and dad were FOREVER drumming things into our heads... things like, "you can't do that". or, "that's not right", or, "that just isn't the way you deal with such". I honestly feel that their pressing and pointed nature helped direct me towards a proper path. I did the same with my own children.

Character development is not emphasized as much anymore, I don’t think. Some people intuitively get it, and some never do.