What are you grateful for?

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I was just responding to the thread about Easter and I began thinking about renewal and how much I have to be grateful for. I have a strong belief that gratitude is an extremely important component to feeling content.

What are you grateful for?

:likeit:

:hapydancsmil:

InsaneCdn

That our family finally got the dxes we needed for difficult child... and that the new accommodations, interventions and medications are working! (not out of the woods yet, but... sure headed in a different direction)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I am grateful for so much!

Each new morning full of opportunities. difficult child's transformation towards maturity and personal growth and responsibility -she's morphing into the young adult I've always dreamed about, so special in her own way. easy child's thoughtfulness, hard working sense of self-there was a time when I thought she'd be a follower and a pushover, but she has found her voice and uses it (sometimes on me which I don't like!). H, I'm grateful for H-he's been sober for a few years now and has also gained some personal growth, which makes our relationship better. He's kind, hard working and loves me. My new knee! Pain medications! A healthy body! Foods in my fridge and pantry! The time I spend with my mom. Water, air, freedom, COFFEE AND WINE. And of course, my little fur babies! All of you, my friends and supporters.

T

TeDo

I could specify all the standard comforts of living, which I AM very grateful for, but I am most grateful for my boys WITH their struggles. I have learned greater patience, greater understanding, more compassion, more flexibility, and the TRUE meaning of unconditional love. If it weren't for my boys, I wouldn't be who I am. I also wouldn't have found you ladies and for that I am also VERY VERY grateful (and so are my boys but they don't know it yet).

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Happy Easter & Passover to everyone.....
Woke up on this Easter morning thinking about my gratitude that my daughter is in better shape then before, that she can laugh freely and seem happy sometimes. I'm SO grateful that my granddaughter is healthy, joyful and doing as well as she is in all ways. Grateful for my funny, loving SO, for the life we lead, for my friends, for our health, for my job, for all the comforts and opportunities we're given, for today and for all of you! :beautifulthing:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I am grateful for so many things ....But mostly that I am aware and cognitive of how each blessing and I mean this sincerely - whether that is a blessing of something I want or didn't want - (gift or struggle) is connected to the bigger picture of life and how it all touches other things, that leads us to other things in life. It's mind boggling when you think about it.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I'm grateful that I finally have my quiet home back sans kids, and that both my girls are, for now, self-sufficient and staying detached from them is easier than it used to be. I'm grateful that I can actually *enjoy* my grandchildren now; when they lived with me I found myself resenting their noise and constant presence. I'm grateful for the wonderful friends I have, who are like family to me. I'm grateful for a job I love and get paid well for.

Gratitude is important to me. When I've been at my lowest points, I have forced myself to count my blessings.. even if sometimes they are hard to identify. Sometimes it's as simple as, "I'm grateful it's sunny today."

I'm grateful that I have lots to be grateful for these days, instead of having to search high and low for that one small thing that's positive :)

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
hmmm...1st thing that comes to mind is sleep, but that may be because it's almost midnight. I am also thankful for my sons, my family, my friends and my job... Oh and I am closing on my condo next week, my 40th birthday gift to myself! Have not had my "own" home since I left x in 2007~!