What happened to the app?

Copabanana

Friday night I was unable to get on the site (I do not use an app) at all. Alternately I got the message I was unauthorized, or that the problem had been reported. I have not had trouble today or yesterday.

I do want to say that I panicked. I would be lost without all of you here. I would be searching everywhere for you, and not know where to go.

We need an emergency preparedness plan. I am not kidding.

runawaybunny

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry for the trouble. The apps are broken. Google and apple put a January 2017 deadline for websites to use https or be penalized, so I made their required changes last week. Those changes are what brought the site down a few times on Thursday and Friday and made the apps disconnect from our server.

The ios and andriod apps are rented from tapatalk. Their tech support told me that the changes will require a new version of the ios app and processing it and having it approved by itunes will take a few weeks. Android was supposed to be down for 24 to 36 hours. It has not yet come back online.

At this point no one can use either app. I apologize. The apps are something that I don't have any control of.

What I do have control of are daily offsite server backups. I also have a reliable server maintenance guy so the basic functions of the forum are backed up and well maintained. The main site is alive and well but at this point the apps are down and the only option is to come here using a browser.

Lil

Quite all right. I wasn't at all upset, just confusedid. It's easy enough to use a browser on my tablet and we get more ability to quote and use emojis, etc.

As always: :yourock: